Managing Director (Originator Banker) – Mortgage Banking / Debt Placement
New York, NY
About The Company
Lotus Capital Partners, LLC (“Lotus”) is a boutique real estate investment banking firm focused on commercial real estate finance. Lotus exists to execute on a single mission: to intermediate capital on behalf of its clients. We implement this mission through our two business lines: Debt Placement and Loan Sales and Distribution. Through the Debt Placement business, Lotus serves real estate owners and developers by raising capital for their commercial real estate transactions. Through the Loan Sales & Distribution business, Lotus serves lenders and investors looking to dispose of their positions in A-notes, mezzanine debt and whole loans. Together, our two business lines serve to provide owners of real estate assets or debt products with services and strategies that require capital markets access and expertise.
Founded in 2016, Lotus is the fastest growing real estate capital advisory firm in the U.S. and is on track to arrange between $1.5 and $2.0 billion of financings in 2018. The leaders of Lotus are respected veterans of the commercial real estate community, having once held leadership positions at top financial institutions including Credit Suisse, Cantor Fitzgerald, Merrill Lynch and BlackRock. Senior management has had direct involvement in over $40 billion of commercial real estate financings. Years of placing and lending debt have helped Lotus grow its client base and capital relationships to include some of the deepest capital markets institutions in the world.
Lotus’ closed capital engagements are spread across two continents and are among the highest profile financings in their respective regions, including a $400 million construction loan in Boca Raton, Florida that won the 2018 REFI Multifamily “Deal of the Year” award and a $237 million condo-inventory loan in London.
Lotus is seeking to hire an experienced Managing Director / Origination Banker with strong and proven capabilities in securing financing mandates. The candidate will leverage his/her established client relationships and the Lotus team’s breadth of capital markets and distribution expertise to originate fixed/floating debt and equity placement mandates nationwide. To originate mandates, the candidate may also leverage Lotus’ outer ring of existing relationships in addition to a carefully collated list of targeted clients.
The ideal candidate is searching to exponentially increase their personal impact in a firm. In this case, joining as a defining member of one of the fastest growing capital arranging firms in the nation. The role is also suited to what we define as a “360 banker”, one with the entrepreneurial desire and capability to capitalize on securing mandates from Lotus’ (a) Loan Sales & Distribution practice, and (b) forthcoming Restructuring practice. Together, these businesses provide the candidate additional methods of compensation and an opportunity rarely offered to bankers elsewhere in the industry: the security of a dynamic role that provides counter-cyclical cash flow and strong relevance in the market regardless of the point in the cycle.
- Utilize his/her book of business to secure debt and equity placement mandates nationwide
- Implement and maintain a business development plan to identify and execute on new and evolving client relationships
- Be responsible for seeing mandates through to successful closing, utilizing experience and judgement to minimize execution risk along the way
- Constantly engage in client-facing activities such as individual meetings, networking events, and prominent industry conferences
- Established book of direct client business primarily among borrowers
- Thorough understanding of the origination, execution and closing process
- Strong real estate experience supported by a deep track record in transition and structural financings
- Exceptional ability to ‘bank’ clients by understanding their challenges and possessing the ability to solve them through innovation and relationship management
- Recent experience in the CRE debt and equity marketplace
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Self-motivated professional able to lead an experienced and dynamic support team
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a proven ability to communicate ideas and solutions to decision makers
- Competitive and uncapped pay structure
- Cost allowances
- Healthcare / Benefits (401K, medical, dental, vision, amongst others)
Read more about Lotus in the news: http://www.lotus-cp.com/insight.php
We greatly appreciate your interest. Please send all resumes to email@example.com
Lotus provides equal employment opportunity to all persons. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against because of race, creed, origin, marital status, sexual orientation, age, otherwise qualified disabled or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Hospitality / Entertainment
10+ to 15 years
Apply for this job