Bourne Financial Group (“BFG”) is a real estate private equity company that owns 24 seniors housing communities containing over 2,800 independent living, assisted living and memory care units throughout the United States. The portfolio’s current value is over $800 million and is expected to surpass $1 billion in 2021.
BFG is looking for a financial analyst or senior financial analyst to work directly for the Chief Investment Officer in Denver, Colorado. A qualified candidate will be humble and hungry – someone who is eager to learn, ready to do high quality work, and has a teachable attitude.
- Be involved with a fast-growing company investing in a fast-growing industry.
- Learn all aspects of the seniors housing / commercial real estate business including development, acquisitions, finance and operations.
- Work directly with the Chief Investment Officer and other C-level executives at BFG’s partners.
Primary Job Functions
- Work with the Chief Investment Officer to help underwrite new markets, developments, acquisitions, dispositions and financings.
- Work with the Director of Marketing to create pitch books for potential investors, lenders and internal communications.
- Screen incoming investment opportunities and form an opinion on their merits.
- Special projects as assigned.
- Excellent Work Ethic: Your friends, teachers or co-workers should describe you as a hard worker.
- Sense of Urgency: An ideal candidate will be proactive.
- Background / degree in finance, banking, private equity and/or commercial real estate. This is finance and investments job. A good candidate will know how to read financial statements, calculate IRR and CARG, and have an understanding of capital markets.
- High level proficiency in Excel or a background in mathematics. An ideal candidate will know Excel well as a significant amount of information internally and externally is exchanged via Excel.
- Willing to work East Coast hours. A typical day will begin around 6:30 a.m. and end by 4:00 p.m. Mountain time.
Salary / Benefits
- Reports to: Chief Investment Officer
- Salary: $70,000 – $90,000, Commensurate with qualifications and experience
- Job Type: Full time, Exempt, Bonus Eligible
- Benefits: Health, Vision, Dental, Group Term Life Coverage, 100% employer-paid for employee and dependents
- 18 Days Paid Time Off + 13 National/Company Holidays
1+ to 2 years
Apply for this job