Salary Range: $88,152 pa - $115,018 pa
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with emphasis in real estate, or other related field; and at least (5) five years of related experience in public housing, affordable housing, and/or real estate redevelopment environment; or the equivalent combination of education and experience which meet the minimum qualifications requirement may be substituted. National Development Council (NDC) Certification required. Due to field responsibility, incumbent must possess a valid driver’s license and be insurable in accordance with the Authority’s Fleet Management Policy and Procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for real estate activities in support of the acquisition and development of affordable and market-rate housing from concept through site acquisition, entitlement approval, financing commitments, design, and construction completion to successful lease up for small to medium development projects; and assists with large, more complex development projects.
- Represents DCHA and ensures the trust of public agencies, elected officials, residents, community groups and financial institutions.
- Ensures that all assigned projects are executed in accordance with the established means and methods to achieve quality project completion, on time, and within budget.
- Prepares application materials for various financing sources as well as City and U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) approvals for development projects.
- Collects and analyzes data for preparation of budgets, performs budget analysis, and prepares reports with related findings; performs analysis and completion of reports on findings, and prepares/submits reports for Executive Staff, HUD, and other agencies.
- Assists with the preparation and delivery of presentations about various development projects to management, Executive staff, Board members, city officials, and the general public.
- Assists with planning and organizing project meetings with internal staff, project partners, and community stakeholders.
- Assists in the preparation of routine compliance and expenditure reports.
- Assists in creating, managing, and maintaining various electronic and hard copy filing and tracking systems to ensure projects are on schedule, within budget and in compliance with contract agreements and regulations.
- Researches and coordinates the preparation of real estate and property ownership documents such as easements, title, funding draws, relocation, demolition, development agreements, operation agreements and various agreements with/for consultants and contractor services.
- Assists with the production, publishing, and managing of Requests for Proposals (RFPs) and coordinates with other DCHA departments to assure appropriate advertising and budget allocation of a variety of procurements related to development projects.
- Submits and tracks information in support of processing payments; tracks, processes, reviews, and approves invoices; prepares payment requests, sets up payments in HACP requisition system, and reviews for compliance with approved budgets.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Community Development
This job is no longer active.