JOB DESCRIPTION Denham Wolf Real Estate Services, which supports New York City's nonprofits in their real estate projects, is seeking an experienced and enthusiastic building industry professional for the role of Project Manager, within the firm s Project Management Services group. This group leads design and construction projects on behalf of our clients and manages these projects through planning, funding and financing, design, permitting and approvals, bidding, construction, closeout, and occupancy. The Project Manager will work closely with other members of the Project Management Services group to serve a range of nonprofit clients, typically acting as a client s primary point of contact. Specific responsibilities of the Project Manager include:
- Support the development of strategies for undertaking assigned projects, including identifying scope of work, team requirements, potential risks, and overall project approach.
- Support the selection of project team members, including preparing and administering RFPs, bid leveling, and the award process.
- Monitor the work of project team members, including supporting their adherence to government requirements and other certifications/standards, and acting as liaison between project team members, vendors, the client, and Denham Wolf.
- Prepare project budgets, and subsequently track and coordinate the financial performance of projects. Responsibilities include supporting the administration and reporting processes related to project funding and financing, among others.
- Develop project schedules, and subsequently track and coordinate those schedules.
- Oversight of furniture, fixture, and equipment procurement and installations.
- Oversight of project close-out process.
- Collaborating with Denham Wolf s other service groups, Transaction Services and Development Services, to support their clients with preliminary space programming, site due diligence work, and other related tasks.
- Other responsibilities in support of Denham Wolf s clients and firm-wide marketing efforts.
- A relevant graduate degree is preferred (preferably in building sciences, architecture, engineering, or real estate); an undergraduate degree is required.
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience in the commercial real estate and/or AEC industries.
- Excellent technical skills related to the oversight of design and construction projects.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including persuasive writing and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to independently manage multiple projects and effectively prioritize tasks under tight deadlines.
- An aptitude for creative problem solving and consensus-building.
- Professional experience with New York City nonprofits and/or government agencies, including financing strategies and public sector funding, is preferred.
- Advisory Services/Consulting
- Project Management
Apply for this job