Position Capital Raising Officer
Location Seattle, Washington
Reporting Relationship Chief Investment Officer
The Company represents over 35 years of real estate investing success.
We use our wealth of experience to evaluate opportunities, invest in real estate, and manage those properties post-acquisition. We handle a range of property types, including multifamily, commercial shopping centers, and raw land. Our real estate knowledge runs both broad and deep.
We are seeking a talented Capital Raising Officer to add to our commercial real estate team. The firm offers an entrepreneurial atmosphere for a professional looking to take the next step in their career in a highly versatile and visible growth position. The role is an important touch stone for our investor base. This position is responsible for client-facing interaction as well as internal compliance.
Working directly with the CIO, this role will be involved with the entire equity sales process from lead generation to continued relationship management.
We also believe in giving back. Through a dedicated Fund, we reinvest a percentage of our net profit into promoting conservation, microfinance, and medical research work across the world.
This is a unique opportunity for a successful candidate to join a seasoned real estate investor’s family office with a focus on extending the Company’s investor database and presence in the market, securing capital commitments, and ultimately driving and supporting the growth of Company assets.
Key responsibilities include:
• Initiating, building, and maintaining strong relationships with existing and prospective investors; identifying, expanding and deepening relationships with family offices, endowments & foundations, smaller institutions, qualified investors, etc.
• Obtaining capital commitments and driving investor relations and business development objectives to ensure successful execution of strategies and deals across all of the Company’s investments
• Work closely with the firm’s Chief Investment Officer to gain an extensive understanding of the various real estate sectors, actual and prospective investments, and the performance of the fund
• Understanding the investment objectives and priorities of potential investors; being familiar with direct and indirect influences on individual and institutional investment decisions; knowing and articulating the strategies, objectives, and performance of the Company’s investment offerings
• As new offerings are launched, he/she will actively engage and be involved with the entire marketing/fundraising effort and having full input into maximizing the prospects of such offerings. This will include generating meetings, handling investor follow-up and closing
• Oversee the creation and content of all marketing materials, including presentations, offering memoranda, and partnership agreements
• Building and representing the Company’s brand and market presence; differentiating and positioning the Company and its investment offerings from other firms seeking investments from investors
• Liaise with legal, compliance, finance, and other internal functions necessary for product growth and support, including new product creation, investor onboarding, and investor servicing
• Travel as required to market real estate funds and strategies to new and existing relationships and as deemed necessary to provide existing clients with portfolio updates
• Oversee real estate investor relations function, which includes the creation of diligence materials, such as RFPs and other ad hoc investor requests, and investor follow-up
• Ensure real estate investors receive best-in-class client servicing through quarterly reporting, portfolio reviews, annual meetings, advisory board meetings, and timely responses to ad hoc requests
The Capital Raising Officer will report to the CIO and act as a key member of the firm in accessing and leveraging US and global investor relationships to win capital commitments from investors that lead to the strategic growth of the business.
The successful candidate will have primary responsibility for capital raising, equity syndication, and investment structuring for private real estate closed-end funds, joint ventures, co-investors and separate accounts. While serving as a senior member of the team, the individual will focus on cultivating new investor relationships across the high net worth, family office, sovereign wealth fund and other institutional investment communities.
This person will leverage their own relationships while cultivating new ones. He/she will also coordinate with the firm’s CIO to leverage the firm’s existing and historic relationships.
With ten or more years of experience, the successful candidate will have a demonstrable track record in raising capital for a real estate investment management company or private equity firm. This position requires experience in, and knowledge of, real estate capital markets (public and private, debt and equity) as well as the ability to bring established relationships with a broad range of investors.
The qualified candidate will need to be creative and self-motivated to source and structure capital to grow the business. Both experience and relevant relationships with high net worth, family office and/or other investors is essential.
The successful candidate will possess outstanding presentation skills, combined with excellent written and oral communication skills. To be a good cultural fit, he/she must be smart, curious and team-oriented with strong project management, problem-solving and conflict resolution skills.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong analytical and presentation skills
• Ability to interface with Executive and Board level stakeholders
• Ability to take initiative with a clear business purpose in mind
• Team Player
• Ability and desire to work in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
• An MBA is preferred
10+ to 15 years
This job is no longer active.