The Vice President, Accounting is responsible for general accounting functions relating to a real estate portfolio consisting of funds, separate accounts and co-investment vehicles which invest in various types of credit and equity investments. Responsible for reviewing and analyzing financial reporting, including financial statements, investor/lender reporting deliverables, and investor capital contribution and distribution notices. Assists Principal and Managing Director to direct and manage the fund administrator responsible for the financial analysis and reporting of the funds/separate account/co-investment vehicles.
- Verify, review and analyze entity level general ledgers and workpapers on cash, accrual and fair value basis ensuring accuracy and adherence to established accounting policies and procedures. Responsible for general and advanced accounting functions and for meeting the accounting department calendar deadlines.
- Review and analyze quarterly/annual financial statements including supporting schedules in accordance with GAAP and/or the fair value basis of accounting. Demonstrate a solid understanding and ownership of the financial statement process.
- Coordinate and review capital call and distribution notices prepared by the fund administrator. Coordinate and review recurring and ad hoc investor and lender deliverables.
- Interact with fund administrator team members, other accounting team members, asset managers, portfolio managers and all necessary departments to ensure prompt resolution of issues and achieve maximum efficiency of operations.
- Assist with external auditors’ requests as needed.
- Develop and maintain a solid understanding of the Yardi system to run reports as needed.
- Provide guidance to others concerning accounting procedures and policies.
- Assists in forecasting of monthly financial results and cash projections based on budgets and known trends. Reviews budget to actual results and advises management of trends.
- Keeps abreast of new industry developments, regulatory changes, management requirements, accounting system updates, procedures, etc.
- Reviews work prepared by accounting team members. Provides guidance on appropriate accounting processes to complete the task at hand.
- Contributes to improvements to processes related to above duties and responsibilities.
- Assists with special projects and other related duties as may be assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or a related field
- 7+ yrs. Accounting experience w/ solid fundamental accounting skills
- 5+ yrs. Real Estate Industry accounting experience
- CPA or CPA candidate strongly preferred
- Strong Excel skills; Yardi familiarity a plus
- Real Estate Fund accounting experience strongly preferred
- Must be willing to work on-site.
- Qualifications may warrant placement in different job title.
As required by the New York City Human Rights Law (NYCHRL), Affinius Capital is including a good faith estimate for this role, with a starting annual base salary range of $165,000 - $185,000. The base salary is just one component of the position’s compensation package. Employees may also be eligible to participate in Affinius Capital’s discretionary Annual Bonus program and other employee benefit programs, subject to the specific terms and eligibility requirements of such programs.
At Affinius Capital our employees enjoy generous benefits packages including comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401k, educational and professional designation assistance, business casual dress attire and much more! Qualified applicants must successfully complete a pre-employment background and drug screen. The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
Affinius Capital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regarding to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
7+ to 10 years