MRK Partners is seeking a dynamic, experienced Operations Associate, responsible for supporting and assisting projects from start to finish – from initial acquisition analysis and determination of financing structures to construction and asset management.
Who we are:
MRK Partners is a privately held real estate investment and asset management company specializing in the acquisition, preservation, and repositioning of affordable housing. MRK Partners is committed to a world of equity and a shared humanity where all may thrive and reach their highest potential. Our mission is to develop exceptional and affordable housing across the nation. A secure home and supportive community are integral to achieving empowerment. In collaboration with our residents and partners, we identify and create opportunities for upward mobility, nurture resiliency, and support each individual’s journey toward fulfillment and wellbeing.
What you will do:
- Manage multiple projects concurrently at varying stages of development while meeting or exceeding deadlines; works with team members across the entire business, including accounting, property management, development, and leadership.
- Perform market research and valuation analyses of prospective investment opportunities.
- Perform extensive due diligence on each transaction; prepare written analyses and evaluations of investment opportunities for senior management.
- Complete project documentation including drafting letters of intent (LOI) for purchase with sellers; and preparing and distributing regular reports to internal and external stakeholders.
- Participate in execution of transactions, including negotiations of contracts and agreements with sellers and financing banks.
- Assist in asset management of current property portfolio.
- Perform planning, design, entitlements and permits; pre-construction, construction and project close-out duties; turnover of the project to asset and property management teams as well as project disposition support, when applicable.
- Continuously improve development operations, systems, procedures, tools, relationships, and organizational expertise.
- Cultivate, maintain, and leverage relationships with key stakeholders internal and external to the company, brokers, capital partners, landowners, buyers, governmental and regulatory authorities, contractors, architects, engineers, and consultants.
Qualifications and Education:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, or related field. Relevant experience may be substituted for education.
- Minimum of two years of relevant experience.
- Knowledge of real estate and experience working in an Asset Management environment preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and virtual meeting applications.
- Experience working with Monday.com Work OS and RealPage software preferred.
- Ability to read and decipher leases, contracts, financials, inspection reports, and title documents.
We believe diversity is essential to our organization’s growth and success. MRK Partners strives to create an inclusive, accepting culture and seeks individuals of all backgrounds to join our innovative organization. We are a proud equal opportunity employer.
2+ to 5 years
Apply for this job