Along with its affiliate companies, Affinius Capital invests across the risk spectrum for a global client base, managing over $34 billion in net assets under management within a diversified portfolio across North America and Europe. Affinius Capital provides strategic equity and debt capital, including to capitalize on the accelerating demand for technology-driven real estate assets, to meet the critical need for housing solutions, and for other market and capital structure opportunities exhibiting compelling risk-return characteristics. For more information, visit affiniuscapital.com.
The Tax Accounting Manager -or- Director is responsible for various roles in Affinius Capital's tax reporting process, including leading consulting projects, addressing tax issues with investors and business partners, performing tax research and documenting conclusions, ensuring accurate and timely tax compliance, reviewing complex tax returns and workpapers, managing various tax department procedures, and other related roles. These responsibilities generally pertain to real estate fund structures, with an emphasis on partnership and REITs.
The Tax Manager/Director should have an extensive knowledge of tax laws and related guidance addressing key partnership concepts, including income allocations, capital account maintenance, partnership formations and terminations, and transfers of interests. Additionally, the Tax Manager/Director should have substantial experience with multi-tiered fund structures which consist of partnerships, REITs, and corporations, and include both domestic and foreign investors. The Tax Manager/Director should also be proficient at performing research and determining the tax implications of potential transactions, as well as developing tax planning strategies to mitigate risk and improve tax outcomes.
- Manage tax consulting projects, including new investment due diligence and restructurings
- Address and resolve tax-related inquiries and requests from investors, business partners, and external service providers
- Research and document federal and state tax laws and related guidance to support tax positions
- Develop and implement tax planning strategies to mitigate risk and improve tax outcomes
- Assist in managing the overall tax compliance and reporting process
- Review federal, state, and international income tax returns and provisions
- Review REIT forecasts and quarterly REIT tests
- Lead various tax department processes and procedures
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA preferred
- 5+ years of tax accounting experience
- Must be willing to work on-site and show proof of COVID-19 vaccination (or request and receive an authorized exemption)
- Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level.
At Affinius Capital our employees enjoy generous benefits packages including comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401k, educational and professional designation assistance, business casual dress attire and much more! Qualified applicants must successfully complete a pre-employment background and drug screen. The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
Affinius Capital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regarding to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
This job is no longer active.