Greystone is a private national commercial real estate finance company with an established reputation as a leader in multifamily and healthcare finance, with over $16 billion in loan originations in 2022. The firm consistently ranks in the Top 10 for Fannie Mae & Freddie Mac multifamily loan originations and is the #1 FHA commercial lender in the country. Greystone also ranks nationally as a top affordable housing, seniors housing, and small balance loan lender. A highly philanthropic company, Greystone donates more than half of its profits to charity each year.
We are seeking a Debt Placement Analyst to be based in New York City. This is an exciting opportunity to join Greystone’s debt placement business. This individual will work alongside a Managing Director in helping our originations teams optimize our client financing needs. Our debt placement business is focused on providing financial solutions across the multifamily housing sector at all stages including construction, lease-up, refinance, and acquisition. In this role, the Debt Placement Analyst will help source bids and execute on debt placement opportunities thru the following: Life Company loans, banks, as well as closed and open-ended debt funds to complement our existing platform of Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, and HUD loans.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Helping source, track, and distribute quotes from alternative capital providers (debt funds, banks, life companies,)
- Assisting in the origination, marketing, and closing of debt placement opportunities.
- Reviewing term sheet data and creating “Quote Matrix” presentations.
- Assisting in the preparation of pitchbooks.
- Managing multiple databases (pipeline, deal distribution, lender feedback, etc.)
- Maintaining deal distribution software.
- Collaborating with internal groups (accounting, legal, etc.) to help with administrative tasks.
Experience, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2-5 years experience in a Real Estate Finance role.
- Familiarity with alternative loan products required.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Self-motivated and self-starter.
- Exceptional ability to juggle a multitude of deadlines and priorities.
- Ability to multitask.
- Advanced research skills.
- Strong math skills.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft office.
At Greystone, we believe that finding creative solutions for our clients comes from the collaboration of people with diverse backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to build an inclusive work environment that celebrates differences and empowers all individuals with opportunities to channel their entrepreneurial spirit.
Greystone offers a competitive base salary and bonus. The base salary range for this position is $75,000 to $90,000/year. The specific compensation that will be offered is based on an understanding of the hired candidates' qualifications at the time of hire. Employees are eligible for a discretionary bonus based on employee work performance reviewed during the annual review process.
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.