Keyway is a Series A stage PropTech company. We are building a new ecosystem for commercial real estate where every deal, no matter how big or small, receives the right resources and systems to succeed. We leverage AI to identify commercial real estate opportunities and our own technology to ensure that the transaction itself is transparent, smooth and predictable. We are not brokers, buyers or sellers - we are connectors.
Our CEO has successfully launched three companies, and our leadership team are alumni from respected companies such as Goldman Sachs, Google, Jamestown, Capital One, McKinsey, Brookfield, and Compass among others. We recently raised a $25M Series A, and have raised over $100M in total funding up to this point.
We are backed by Canvas, Camber Creek, Thomvest & FJ Labs, four venture capital firms that have invested in other successful companies like Alibaba, AppNexus, Betterment, Buzzfeed, Dataminr, Dropbox, FanDuel, Houzz, Klarna, Opendoor, Palantir, Stripe, Uber, and Upwork (among others).
The Director of Multifamily Asset Management will work closely with the Head of Multifamily Acquisitions to develop the multifamily asset management business at Keyway. They will have responsibility for setting best practices for diligence, underwriting, operations and reporting.
Scope of Responsibilities
- Conduct monthly operational reviews, including financial results and management strategies for cost savings and revenue enhancements
- Conduct due diligence of legal documents, financial reports, operating projections, sales comps, surveys and marketing information
- Make investment recommendations including renovations, major capital expenditures, rental rates and executing the strategy of the deal while navigating current market conditions.
- Interact with operating partners throughout the portfolio on a daily basis to oversee the full scope of operations
- Perform regular and ad-hoc financial analysis and ongoing review of revenue data, forecasts, performance metrics, and profit/loss statements
- Assist with coordination of management agreements, franchise agreements and other transaction documents ensuring appropriate review and approvals throughout the process
- Review asset valuations on a quarterly basis and recommend strategies to improve portfolio value
- Prepare annual asset plans for CHC investment committee and participate in periodic presentations to investment partners.
- Prepare investment analysis presentations for investment committee review
- Bachelor’s degree (business, accounting or finance preferred)
- 10+ years of relevant industry experience required, multifamily experience preferred
- Subject matter expertise in real estate investments, real estate financial modeling; cash flow valuation and underwriting a plus
- Excellent analytical, financial, and quantitative skills, with highest level of attention to detail
- Demonstrated interpretive knowledge of property level financial statements and financial analysis including ROI analysis, market share assumptions, and forecasting
- FAIR PLAY - At the heart of our values is the idea that we approach every business, every person and every deal with the understanding that there is always a fair way for everyone involved. We don’t treat people or businesses differently because of their title, rank or size, and we don’t try to make deals happen that we wouldn’t want to be on either side of.
- TRANSPARENCY - What we do and how we do it should be easy for our partners and team members to observe and understand. The Real Estate space is not known for being clear, and our approach to everything from pricing to process is the opposite of that norm. In that vein, we strive to be predictable. We leverage data and technology to bring clarity to the real estate space, and we let people, both inside and outside of the company know what they can expect from a deal, a job, an assignment, etc. We set expectations so that no one is surprised by how things unfold or turn out.
- OWNERSHIP / HARD WORK - People who start their own businesses work harder than anyone, and we are building a business for them. They will (or should!) judge us by their own standards, which means we must be efficient, innovative, impactful and available. Just like they are.
- ACCOUNTABILITY - One’s personal and the professional can be intertwined, and a SMB owner personifies this. Small businesses are an extension of the people that start them, and our own business is just as likely to be helping an SMB owner achieve a personal goal as a business goal; the truth is, they might be one and the same. Similarly, we believe that our own team members’ personal and professional goals may be intertwined. We believe in making space in the workplace for personal growth, just as we know that growth in the personal space often depends on what happens in the professional.
- CELEBRATE GROWTH - When a business or a person achieves a milestone, whether it’s personal or professional, it needs to be celebrated. And in the SMB space, where the personal and the professional are so intertwined, those celebrations might look like a hybrid of the two. We are ok with that. In fact, we think it’s awesome.
At Keyway we celebrate diversity and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
7+ to 10 years
This job is no longer active.