Are you interested in using your affordable housing development or finance skills to play a key role in creating affordable housing near transit?
The Massachusetts Housing Partnership (MHP) is a mission-driven, public non-profit organization and a leader in affordable housing finance. MHP has provided over $1.6 billion for the financing of over 26,000 apartments using loan capital from Massachusetts banks, Fannie Mae, and FHA. MHP's borrowers range from small non-profit and for-profit developers to some of the largest and most sophisticated developers in the Northeast. All MHP-financed properties are required to have a portion of the units rented at affordable rents to income-eligible households. At MHP, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
MHP is administering a new $40 million Transit Oriented Development (“TOD”) Fund on behalf of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. The TOD Program Manager will work closely with internal and external stakeholders to provide oversight of the day-to-day operations of the TOD Fund. In addition to resource management, the TOD Program Manager will serve as a liaison between MHP and the MA Department of Housing & Community Development (DHCD) as well as to TOD awardees and developers across Massachusetts.
- Serving as an integral member of MHP’s team in the development and administration of this $40 million bond-funded program.
- Assisting in the marketing of the TOD fund to interested developers through individual project meetings, group information sessions, and written marketing materials.
- Participating in the review of OneStop+ financing applications for TOD Program funds.
- Preparing, distributing, and coordinating TOD award letters and related conditions.
- Working with TOD awardees in the subsidy loan closing and documentation process.
- Preparing for and attending financial underwriting meetings among state lenders and awardees.
- Fostering relationships and developing regular communications with external partners including developers and state housing officials.
- Reviewing and assessing lender advisor reports and disbursement requisitions and conducting detailed budget and backup documentation review.
- Managing the approval by DHCD of all invoices for the disbursement of TOD Loan Program funds.
- Directing the TOD Loan Program closeout process and transfer to third party monitoring organization.
- Providing periodic reports to DHCD on the status of TOD Program applicants, awardees, and disbursements.
- Ensuring TOD Program funds are expeditiously expended to awardees.
- Collaborating with MHP colleagues in the administration of other state subsidy resources, such as Housing Stabilization Funds and Climate Resiliency funds.
- Undertaking additional projects/initiatives within MHP’s Lending Team as directed.
MHP offers a hybrid workplace with 1-2 days per week in our Boston office and up to 3-4 days per week remote. MHP employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or have an approved exemption per our vaccination policy
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- 3-5 years of affordable housing project management and/or affordable housing finance experience desired
- Working knowledge of state housing finance subsidy sources is a plus
- Experience analyzing real estate development budgets and operating pro formas.
- Ability to understand and interpret loan and regulatory documents is required
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines while consistently maintaining high-quality work.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
- Experience in construction requisition review process is helpful.
- A current driver’s license and/or access to reliable transportation is required in order to attend site visits throughout the state.
MHP understands that benefits are an important consideration when looking for a new role. We are proud to offer our employees a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Hybrid and flexible work schedule
- Health insurance through the state’s Group Insurance Commission
- 403b retirement plans with match up to 10% and immediate vesting
- Annual 5-week paid time off (PTO) benefit
- Fully paid group term life, short-term disability and long-term disability insurance
- Dental insurance through Metlife with 90% of premium paid by MHP
- Medical and dependent care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Public transportation reimbursement
- Tuition reimbursement and professional development assistance
- First time homebuyer assistance
- Home office benefit
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.