Job: Director of Investor Relations – Commercial Real Estate
Location: Chicago, IL
Job Description: Midloch Investment Partners (“Midloch”) is a boutique commercial real estate investment fund sponsor. Midloch focuses on value-add acquisitions (properties valued between $5 Million and $50 Million) throughout the United States with a focus on the greater Midwest. Midloch currently owns/manages over a dozen assets and is currently launching its second fund.
We are adding a Director of Investor Relations to our Chicago, IL team. The role reports to the CEO and bridges the gap between our fund investors and the management team. This position straddles client-facing communications and internal operations, including managing and tracking subscription documents, investor communications, and outreach strategies. This position will be involved in the success of our real estate investments for our investors.
Responsibilities: The Director of Investor Relations has the following responsibilities and duties:
- Oversee investor communications, including subscription documents and general Q&A
- Work with the analyst team to compile data and draft quarterly performance updates
- Prepare monthly investor email updates
- Maintain the internal investor data and document database
- Provide investor and community engagement through various social media platforms
- Develop and maintain a consistent investor outreach strategy
- Other responsibilities as assigned
Requirements: Candidates should have the following skills, education, and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, real estate, communications, or another applicable degree
- 1-3 years of investor relations experience
- Effective communication and organizational skills
- Comprehensive understanding of Microsoft Excel and other computer software
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while delivering accurate and quality work
- Ability to thrive in a startup environment, wearing multiple hats, and growing the company
- Ability to travel for several consecutive days
- Desire to think critically and creatively
- Must be able to use Microsoft Excel
Desirable Candidate Characteristics: These traits are a bonus but are not required.
- Commercial real estate experience
- Wealth management experience
- Ability to read a balance sheet, income statement, and excel based real estate models
- Previous experience working with RIAs, high net worth investors, or other real estate investors
- Eye for design for marketing collateral pieces
- Base Salary + Bonus Eligible
- Medical benefits
- Retirement benefits
- Insurance benefits
- Other benefits
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer and welcome our employees’ differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Difference makes us better. Join us.
This job is no longer active.