LivCor, a Blackstone portfolio company, is a real estate asset management business specializing in multi-family housing. Formed in 2013 and headquartered in Chicago, LivCor is currently responsible for a portfolio of over 300 Class A and B properties comprising more than 100,000 units in markets across the United States.
Our business is focused on making real estate more valuable. But for us, it’s more than that. It’s people first, community always. It’s a life-filled career, not just a career-filled life. It’s doing good work, with good humans, and making a difference. It’s excellence in all its forms. Ultimately, we create great places to work, live, and grow. We do that by focusing on leaving people – and places – better than we found them.
Whew! Still with us? Cool. Let’s talk about where you’d fit in:
The Project Coordinator plays an essential support role to the Due Diligence Cap Ex Team in all aspects of project coordination, database implementation and management. This role interfaces regularly with third-party architectural, engineering, and mechanical engineering consultants, as well as with specialty consultants such as vertical transportation, building envelope and other firms. The Project Coordinator works internally with various specialties within the firm, including transactions, capex execution, asset management, as well as risk management and legal.
Only read further if you are:
- Smart with Heart
You should be:
- Authentic. You do you. Together, we’ll do something amazing.
- A passionate person with a love for real estate and investing; and believes that helping others win is a noble cause, essential to our success.
- An excellent team player who enjoys working with others and has strong interpersonal skills.
- Highly motivated, energetic, and organized
- Gumby. Things change.
What you will do:
The qualified individual will work as an integral part of the Capital Due Diligence team to perform the following job functions:
- Implement, maintain, and manage project workflow management database
- Ensure proper integration with Teams, Dealpath and CorADD (Parcel)
- Project set-up, including coordination of site visits.
- Conducts preliminary research on Acquisition Targets, i.e. seismic PGA, HVAC systems, google reviews, etc.
- Set up projects in Dealpath and track tasks as necessary.
- Confirm project scope of third-party consultants per LivCor and Blackstone requirements.
- Ensures third party vendors are using Dealpath appropriately.
- Perform initial review of third-party reports to ensure the necessary data is provided and is appropriately presented to Directors and above.
- Develops effective processes for conducting research, collecting, and analyzing data to prepare reports and documents for internal and external use.
- Produce summary reporting by transcribing, formatting, inputting, editing, retrieving, and transmitting text, data, and graphics.
- Maintains team confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Secures information by completing database backups.
- Ensures proper flow of documents to internal systems and stakeholders.
- Provides historical reference by developing and utilizing filing and retrieval systems.
- Liaise with internal staff at all levels.
- Review operating practices and implement improvements where necessary.
What you should have:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience providing high level support to an engineering or construction-related team.
- Experience with Multifamily Due Diligence
- Excellent multi-tasking and organizational and planning skills
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills
- Excellent information gathering and monitoring skills
- Strong team interpersonal skills
- Strong problem analysis and problem-solving skills
- Strong judgement skills and decision-making ability
- Ability to work well across diverse teams and adaptable to evolving project requirements
- Ability to work efficiently, independently and within deadline parameters
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy, and confidentiality
- Strong computer skills and in-depth knowledge of MS Office Suite
- Experience with PARCEL and Dealpath is an advantage
- Knowledge of standard office administrative practices and procedures
- Desire to build a long-term career with a world class real estate investment management firm
What we offer:
We know that if we take care of our team everything else will fall into place. We aren’t perfect, but we will try to set very clear expectations, always let you know where you stand, and do everything in our power to help you get where you want to go.
Our culture and values matter to us. A lot. We’re definitely not serious but we take this stuff seriously, if you get what we mean. We want a place that is an ego-free zone. A place where good people do good things together. It shouldn’t be rocket science in workplaces, but for some reason it still is? We’re absolutely determined to be different, and we think we’re doing a pretty good job at it. We have a CEO who makes fun of himself, and who will encourage you to tell him when he is wrong. In fact, he needs people to – we all do. Supportive challenge is good, it’s how we get better. We like getting better. We also love diversity, of all kinds. We need people who look, sound, speak, love, and exist differently from one another. This isn’t at the end of this paragraph because it’s an afterthought. It’s SO important to us we want it to stand out.
Right. On to the technical stuff that we know matters to you. We offer competitive pay that is commensurate with the market and relevant experience, and a full slate of benefits that even includes things like paid parental leave.
If any of this sounds interesting, then maybe we are a fit. Life is too short to work with people you don’t like. So whatever you do, don’t make that mistake.
The LivCorian Values
- Be you. Be Real. Be Open. You do you. Together, we will do something amazing.
- Care, Always. We don’t want to let anyone down.
- Courageously Curious. We love to learn, even when it hurts.
- Help Others Win, Be A Good Neighbor. This is about ‘We, not Me.’
- Relentless Hustle, Heart & Humility. Work hard. Be Kind. Make Better.
LivCor is proud to be a US EPA ENERGY STAR® Partner
Our company is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Our employment decisions are based on individual qualifications, job requirements and business needs without regard to race, color, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, religion, disability, citizenship status, national origin, pregnancy, veteran status and or any other legally protected characteristics. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations, if you need an accommodation to complete the application process, please email us.
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.