Riaz Capital is an Oakland, California based fully integrated development, investment, and asset management company, focused on addressing the changing housing needs of the millennial generation. Our mission is that anyone who earns area median income can afford a place they would love to call home by building transit-oriented high-quality apartments at an affordable price point for our residents.
Our vertically integrated development firm has operated in the Bay Area since 1977. Today, the Riaz Capital team manages over 1,500 units and has roughly 1,700 residences in the development or construction process, and possesses core competencies in development, construction, asset management, finance & capital markets to exercise control and speed of execution through every stage of the development cycle. In addition to new construction development, the firm has extensive experience in repositioning both urban and suburban workforce housing properties, and has executed several adaptive reuse projects. Our current activities are ~70% new construction and ~30% adaptive reuse and repositioning. Today, Riaz Capital has ~$500 million in real estate assets under management and with our current development pipeline, should reach $1 billion by 2024/25.
Our core new construction design is a 300 +/- square foot studio that incorporates all of the necessary functions of a housing unit. We have developed a design that works in a variety of building types: Townhouses, Mid-Rise Apartments, Substantial Rehab and Adaptive Reuse. Our current design and mission is a result of a years-long synthesis of our experience from micro-units, student housing, traditional multi-family, and co-living. Our units foster total privacy and security, which provides our residents with a sense of independence (and individuality) all within the fabric of a larger community. Each of our projects has an emphasis on architectural creativity, unique design, walkability, utilization of open space and personal privacy.
This is a unique opportunity to help create stylish buildings and homes for the Bay Area, as well as define and implement our brand across a growing portfolio. We are looking for someone to join our vertically integrated real estate development team, to manage implementation of project interiors, furniture, art, color, and material selection. As a design-oriented firm, we have always understood the design to represent the quality of the building, and have always focused on creating projects that are distinct and inspiring. The ideal candidate is excited to be involved in the development process and contribute to the growth of an innovative development Company. This position requires an eye for design, as well the ability to project manage the coordination and install of the FF&E for our development projects. This position will report to the VP of Design and Entitlement, and will work closely with other members of the development team, as well as the VP of Development and CEO.
DESIGN AND SPECIFICATIONS
- Implement interior programming for entire workforce housing strategy to encompass 15+ buildings and 1,600+ residences in the next 3 years.
- Manage all phases of project interiors including project set up, design, selection, procurement, and installation.
- Manage selection of finish materials, including working with suppliers and ordering samples
PROCUREMENT AND INSTALL
- Coordinate with Project team, Project architect and General Contractor for design, procurement and installation
- Develop relationships with outside vendors and suppliers
- Manage procurement of FF&E in all projects, consistently looking for most cost effective or and innovative materials, furniture and solutions in line with brand standards.
- Manage the full process of ordering, inventory, and install on all projects.
- Work with Senior Management to ensure Quality Control as projects near completion
BUDGET, CONTRACTS AND PAYMENTS
- Manage design and FF&E budgets, working closely with the development team on total project budget.
- Experience with excel or google sheets
- Negotiate project scope, fees and contracts with consultants, supplies and installers.
- Contract interiors and FF&E projects based on defined scope.
- Manage invoice process and payments for all design vendors and suppliers.
- 3+ years of related experience, including demonstrated success as a project manager on a range of interiors project types; multi-family experience a plus
- Experience with the management of FF&E installs
- Experience with coordinating multiple projects at one time
- Strong project management skills
- Must be willing to perform duties on-site in our Oakland office or other properties in the portfolio
- Applicants should provide a link or website to share a sample of work. Work samples can be sent to jobs @riazinc.com
Riaz Capital is an equal opportunity employer and believes diversity in the workplace results in more innovative solutions and drives value for our firm.
- Project Management
- Interior Design
2+ to 5 years
Apply for this job