We are seeking an Analyst/Associate to join the Asset Management and Special Servicing team of our client, a leading correspondent real estate loan investment platform that acquires business-purpose single family, multifamily and mixed-use bridge and term loans from top originators in the U.S. and U.K. The ideal candidate would have experience in asset management or underwriting of balance sheet loans collateralized by stabilized and transitional properties in various markets throughout the United States.
In this role, you will be responsible for the full range of activities that goes with managing a portfolio of performing and non-performing balance sheet loans. You will work among a small, accomplished, highly-driven team, collaborating to manage optimal performance of the portfolio/new acquisitions while building out and refining processes during a period of high growth. You will work in an entrepreneurial, small-office culture, yet in a firm with premier institutional-backing.
- Manage assigned portfolio of performing and non-performing investment-use single family and multifamily balance sheet bridge and term loans
- Comprehensive analysis and understanding of collateral and loan positioning, value determination, and loss mitigation strategies
- Develop thorough understanding of, and ensure compliance with, governing loan documents, loan servicing agreements, etc. Aptitude and ability to navigate state and federal laws governing foreclosures etc. where necessary
- Review and prepare recommendations for approval/denial of borrower requests for transfers of ownership, assumptions of debt, major leases and other miscellaneous requests for modifications, waivers and amendments.
- Presentation and recommendation of loss mitigation or asset disposition strategies for under-/ non-performing loans to the team and senior management
- Assist in the oversight and management of third-party servicers. Ensure their performance meets servicing agreements/company standards and expectations. Staying ahead of and on-top of issues, and ensure complete and accurate flow of information
- Ensure servicers maintain timelines with respect to collection and loss mitigation strategies on non-/ under-performing loans. Report updates to senior management on a regular basis and collaborate on strategies
- Run various analytics on the portfolio and respond to ad hoc reporting requests from senior management and other internal parties, likely creating custom spreadsheets and presentations
- 1-5 years experience in commercial real estate, ideally in debt asset management, workouts or underwriting
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Self-driven and proactive in managing multiple tasks and changing priorities.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Team-oriented and collaborative approach
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills and ability to manage large quantities of data
SitusAMC is the leading provider of consulting, outsourcing, talent and technology solutions, supporting institutional lenders and investors, across the life cycle of commercial and residential real estate debt and equity. We bring together the industry’s top talent, an unparalleled platform and innovative technologies to help clients optimize returns, identify risk, transform processes and infrastructure, and ultimately, realize opportunities in their businesses. We currently employ more than 3,300 employees with offices in 27 markets across the U.S., Europe and APAC.
We are an equal opportunity employer (m/f/d/v).
This Employer Participates in E-Verify
- Asset Management
2+ to 5 years