San Francisco, CA
Stockbridge is an established real estate investment firm with over $14.9 billion in AUM across a wide range of investment strategies and asset types across the U.S with offices in San Francisco, Atlanta, and Chicago.
Stockbridge s Opportunistic Business focuses on high-yield investments with an emphasis on urban development and redevelopment projects on the West Coast. This team is run by firm founder Terry Fancher and is characterized by longstanding employment, with multiple tenures spanning up to multiple decades.
The Analyst will work closely with the Transactions Team for Stockbridge s Opportunistic Business to manage existing assets and portfolios as well as to develop strategies for new business opportunities. This is both a qualitative and quantitative position, strong math and written skills are necessary. All property types, including niche strategies, may be analyzed.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare and update financial models in Excel and/or Argus for existing assets and prospective investments, including sensitivity analyses, various leverage structures and joint venture structuring
- Work with team members in the analysis, documentation and execution of various capital transactions, including acquisitions, partnerships, financings, development programs and ultimate exit opportunities
- Prepare internal and external presentations and memos regarding existing investments and proposed new investment vehicles
- Analyze market research to evaluate prospective new investment opportunities or strategies
- Interface with internal and external parties, such as operating partners, leasing/sales brokers, lenders, accounting teams, legal counsel and other market contacts as needed
Skills and Competencies
- All candidates must have a BA or BS degree from an accredited institution, with preferred degrees in real estate, finance, business, accounting, economics or related area. Must have strong academic credentials
- 2 5 years of real estate finance experience and strong experience with financial modeling
- Proven analytical skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite. Experience with Argus preferred
- Effective writing skills and ability to synthesize information, as well as verbal interpersonal/communication skills
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Financial Analysis
1+ to 2 years
This job is no longer active.