The Georgetown Company develops and invests in residential, commercial and mixed-use properties throughout the United States. Led by Adam Flatto and founded in 1978, Georgetown is a privately owned diversified real estate development company that is recognized for attracting long-term partners and creating popular destinations after carefully selecting properties and diligently nurturing them through all stages of development and ongoing operations. Georgetown is headquartered in New York City and currently owns and is developing properties in New York City, Los Angeles, Chicago, Columbus, OH, Boston, and Washington DC.
Business Plan Preparation & Execution:
- Prepare annual property business plans with particular focus on accuracy of operations incorporating budget, leasing, and capital assumptions, reimbursement calculations, as well as a summary of the competitive landscape facing each asset.
- Monitoring of budget versus actual and understanding of any variances thereto, monitor the operations and budgets of the properties ensuring performance against budget and the long-term profitability and viability of the properties.
- Coordinate with property managers and leasing team in preparing, finalizing and implementing the property budgets.
- Compile and maintain quarterly asset manager reports and oversee preparation of monthly reporting package in coordination with accounting team for each property.
- Review annual expense reconciliations and true-up process.
- Compile and maintain research on the company’s current and target markets (sales comps, lease comps, vacancy rates, new construction, etc.).
- Update cash flow models for material change (new leasing, capital and market assumptions).
- Review tenant operating expense audits.
- Diligent understanding and pursuit of tenant arrears; develop a response and recommendation to tenant collection matters and defaults.
- Coordinate due diligence, tenant estoppel and SNDA processes for acquisitions, dispositions, and financings.
- Develop a working knowledge of leases, loan documents and other agreements for general responsibilities, insure all property level data is accurately tracked.
- Interface with loan services and ensure loan compliance.
- Review and manage real estate tax assessments and appeal processes.
- Seek out opportunities to increase NOI by reducing operating expenses and increasing revenues.
- Oversee property managers regarding all aspects of daily operations, including, but not limited to capital projects and tenant improvements consistent with local codes and in compliance with lease and work letter agreements, approval of vendor contracts, and interfacing with local authorities when necessary. Includes routine physical inspections of the properties.
- Hire and oversee property staff in coordination with HR Department.
- 8+ years of experience in commercial real estate with a career focus on asset management.
- Experience with tenant improvement construction and base building capital projects including direct interaction with engineers, architects and contractors is mandatory.
- Strategic thinker, capable of developing an overall business plan and overseeing the execution of plan.
- Professional reputation; strong industry credibility. Proven effective management experience.
- Strong financial acumen; experience developing plans and budgets
- Excellent self-starter with strong and independent work ethic; project oriented, results-driven, problem solver.
- Well-organized; excellent attention to details.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel. Experienced with property management software, RealPage preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal skills; comfortable with presentation preparation & delivery
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer. Must be authorized to work lawfully in the United States.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Asset Management
- Portfolio Management
- Property Management
7+ to 10 years
This job is no longer active.