Salary Range: $111,796 pa - $144,089 pa
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages/oversees real estate finance activities related to the acquisition and development of affordable and market rate housing from concept through site acquisition, entitlement approval, financing commitments, design, and construction completion to successful lease up;.
- Manages and oversees agency financial programs related to real estate development including the New Markets Tax Credit program (NMTC), the Local Rent Subsidy Program (LRSP), Empowerment Zone Financing and other programs undertaken by the agency.
- Manages multiple investments and/or investor relationships within DCHA’s portfolios. Participates in the ongoing relationships with managing members/developer partners, lenders, property managers and accounting staff for each project.
- Manage loan portfolio and subsidy agreements for potential problems, and proposes measures to address such problems, including potential non-compliance and workout situations.
- Represents DCHA and ensures the trust of public agencies, elected officials, residents, community groups and financial institutions.
- Ensures that all assigned projects are executed in accordance with the established means and methods to achieve quality project completion, on time, and within budget.
- Manages the preparation of application materials for various financing sources as well as City and U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) approvals for development projects.
- Manages the collection and analysis of data for the preparation of budgets, budget analysis, and reports for submission to the Executive Staff, HUD and other agencies.
- Prepares and delivers presentations on various development projects to management, the Executive staff, Board members, city officials, and the general public.
- Plans, organizes, and leads project meetings with internal staff, project partners, and community stakeholders.
- Supervises day-to-day work and administrative activities of the development team. This includes assignment and review of work; utilization of personnel to accomplish work objectives; rating employee performance in accordance with established standards; recommending personnel actions; interviewing and selecting new employees; approving and disapproving leave; investigating complaints and resolving differences between employees and groups of employees; providing for training; and giving such guidance as needed to assure the expeditious accomplishment of work and the development and maintenance of competent staff.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with emphasis in finance, real estate, or other related field; and at least seven (7) years of related experience in public housing, affordable housing, and/or real estate finance environment, with at least two of the seven years of experience in a supervisory capacity; or the equivalent combination of education and experience which meet the minimum qualifications requirement may be substituted. Due to field responsibility, incumbent must possess a valid motor vehicle operator’s permit; and be able to meet DCHA requirements to be placed on DCHA’s approved driving list, within 30 days of the date of appointment to this position.
- Financial Analysis
This job is no longer active.