Salary Range: $111,796 pa - $144,089 pa
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists the Director, OCP in providing leadership and advice on all matters pertaining to construction, development and re-development projects. Assignments are developed through current and long range program objectives and managerial and administrative requirements.
- Supports the Chief Development Officer, Chief of Planning, Design and Construction and the OCP Director in the development of plans, objectives, and operating policies and procedures to implement assigned programs in line with the mission and vision of DCHA.
- Responsible for ensuring on-time, on-track and forward moving of construction, development, and re-development projects.
- Provides oversight and operational coordination of the work of first line management professionals, paraprofessionals, technical and administrative personnel of OCP. The incumbent provides leadership, management and direction to subordinates, and assist with work results through staff meetings, conferences, technical reports and program reviews. The incumbent also provides technical advice and interpretation of policy and procedural guidelines.
- Ensures good internal controls; reviews construction contract files for every project within OCP; assist CDO and CPO in determining how projects will be managed, and closed out in a timely manner.
- Monitors and evaluates development and rehabilitation and capital program operations and special activities for efficiency, effectiveness, and compliance with policies and procedures; analyzes existing work methods and management techniques employed to determine if they provide maximum efficiency and effectiveness.
- Conducts special studies of controversial or sensitive problem areas and recommends changes in project operations and staffing necessary to improve efficiency and effectiveness; prepares reports of findings and recommends alternative courses of action designed to resolve project problems. These recommendations will often serve as the basis for new policy and may require project modifications and/or organizational changes.
- Develops and implements quantitative and qualitative measures to evaluate the performance of each OCP project; provides reports of findings and recommendations for improvement to the OCP Director and department leadership.
- Ensuring the timely completion and compliance with governing guidelines of all projects and tasks will be critical; therefore, reviewing and monitoring plans for project implementation with OCP leadership and managers to determine feasibility, applicability and ability to timely and accurately achieve the goals and objectives of the particular project is will be equally important.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
This job is no longer active.