NorthMarq Investment Sales - Atlanta
NorthMarq Multifamily is seeking a professional and driven individual who is interested in joining one of the most active multifamily brokerage teams to manage the analysis of properties and financial underwriting. The to-be-hired Financial Analyst will be exclusively part of the team based in Atlanta, GA and will play a key role in the evaluation process while obtaining extensive exposure to multifamily and manufactured housing assets both in the private capital and institutional space throughout the southwest.
**Inquiries about this position, please contact Maria Sather (in Human Resources) at NorthMarq.
**All Candidates interested must apply online to be considered.
- Preparation of Brokers Opinions of Value
- Underwrite income-producing assets using Excel software.
- Analyze historical operating statements, budgets, leases and loan agreements, as well as current market conditions in order to determine financial underwriting assumptions.
- Review, analyze, comprehend, abstract and interpret various types of real estate documents.
- Identify critical property level financial issues and recommend areas for value-add opportunities.
- Gather and track critical financial data points for research and negotiation purposes.
- Create evaluations of properties and sensitivity analyses.
- Strategize with team members and clients to generate creative alternatives.
- Ability to present results of analyses in a formal client setting to audiences with a wide range of financial acumen.
- Direct communication with Capital Markets professionals, property managers, asset managers and principals to clarify inconsistencies found during the underwriting process and address other property specific issues.
- Strong understanding of financial terms and principles necessary in real estate underwriting, including Discounted Cash Flow, IRR, NPV, Time Value of Money, Return on Equity, etc.
- Experience involving the valuation of income-producing properties is a plus, but not mandatory.
- Ability to comprehend, analyze and interpret various types of real estate documents, including financial statements, loan documents, deed of trust, etc.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills – ability to interact effectively and professionally with a wide variety of internal parties.
- Close attention to detail, strong organizational skills, and ability to multi-task.
- Intermediate-level skills with Adobe InDesign and Microsoft Office Suite including PowerPoint, Excel and Word.
- Solid organizational skills and ability to manage multiple assignments with changing priorities.
- Team player, strong work ethic and passion to work in the commercial real estate industry.
- Strong analytical skills, financial/math skills and a keen sense of numbers.
- Brokerage / Sales
- Financial Analysis
- Research/Market Analysis
2+ to 5 years