Founded in 1986, Sterling Bay is a dynamic and innovative Chicago-based real estate investment and development company with a breadth of expertise spanning all aspects of real estate ownership. Sterling Bay is a leader in creating urban campus headquarters for prominent companies such as Google, McDonald's, Uber, Glassdoor, Dyson, Hillshire Brands and Gogo. The firm has been consistently recognized for its award-winning projects and successful track record of transforming spaces and enhancing communities. Today, Sterling Bay maintains a portfolio of properties in excess of $3 billion and a rapidly growing, passionate team of more than 200 employees. Summary of Position Create and evaluate complex financial models related to commercial real estate developments and investments. Support a team of asset managers and investment professionals by evaluating the financial feasibility of office, residential, hotel, industrial, senior living and mixed-use properties. Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Create and maintain financial models for potential development projects and/or acquisitions.
- Analyze data and evaluate investment highlights concerning the acquisition, development potential and feasibility of potential projects.
- Assemble market research on demand fundamentals and maintain competitive set analysis for each property type/sub-market.
- Prepare investment packages and coordinate due diligence for new financing and dispositions. In addition, work closely with acquisitions team on due diligence of new acquisitions.
- Assist in document preparation and transaction structuring. Assist in coordinating transactions with financial equity and debt partners.
- Participate in property budgeting process.
- Prepare recurring investment summaries for fund and joint venture partners.
- Develop and maintain overall project budget and schedules.
- Prepare analysis to support leasing decisions (e.g. net effective rent calculations).
- Prepare a variety of analyses, statements and reports for management, equity partners and lenders.
- Proficiency in Argus and Excel
- Candidate should have experience creating and manipulating complex financial models and underwriting commercial real estate properties and projects.
- Must understand financial and accounting concepts and be able to apply concepts to financial models.
- Ability to communicate complex information succinctly and anticipate and resolve issues/problems on a proactive basis.
- Position requires attention to detail as well as strong communication, writing, and computer skills.
- Possess excellent collaborative skills to work in partnership with colleagues and across departments/entities.
- Strong work ethic with the highest degree of honesty, integrity and discretion
- Asset Management
- Financial Analysis
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.