- Highly competitive starting salary: $150K-$175K (depending on experience)
- Work from home 1-2 days per week
- Promote participation on current and future deals
- Career growth opportunity – entrepreneurial environment
- Participate at entertainment events - (Warriors, Giants, A’s, etc.)
Local Capital Group is a diversified Real Estate Development, Operating and Investment Company seeking an experienced and entrepreneurial Asset Management Associate to join our fast-growing commercial business. Local’s commercial portfolio includes 60 buildings, 100+ tenants, and over 3 million square feet in the San Francisco East Bay and Silicon Valley. The firm also currently has 120+ units of residential/mixed-use development projects in San Francisco and New York City.
The role of the Asset Manager is to maximize property value and investment returns through reducing expenditures when possible, finding the most consistent and highest sources of revenue and mitigating liability and risk. Responsibilities will include oversight of the financial performance of the properties, first and foremost, so strong experience in the accounting and financial reporting of commercial properties is critical. This is a great opportunity for a candidate with 2-3 years of professional accounting experience to join an exciting, growth-oriented business, in an asset management position.
Local Capital Group can offer above market total compensation for this position including salary, benefits and incentive compensation (e.g. bonus, promote interest).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maximize total return for each commercial property through financial and operational efficiency analyses and identification of opportunities to improve performance
- Be a leader and motivator amongst key third-party relationships that are critical to driving returns and optimizing performance: leasing brokers, property management, consultants, etc.
- Participate in broker events and play host to brokers at firm events
- Perform quarterly valuations of each property through working with Financial Analytics Associate
- Responsible for accuracy and timely delivery of JV partners’ monthly financial reporting package for all commercial asset portfolios
- Establish annual budgets and implement reforecasting of budgets: projection of revenues, capital, leasing and opex as well as any amortization and fixed asset schedules
- Participation in the underwriting and performance forecasts of new Acquisitions
- Oversight of all commercial properties’ financial performance reporting including life-cycle financial analysis, monthly variance analysis and returns forecasting
- Evaluate local real estate markets to identify trends and opportunities to enhance performance
You may have the ability to work from home 1-2 days per week
- Conscientious about timeliness of assignments and quality of work product
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to prepare and meticulously review financial reports appropriate for various organizational levels and customers
- Organize and prioritize tasks and work with minimal direction
- Exceptional work ethic, goal oriented and capable of functioning in an entrepreneurial setting
- Minimum of 2+ years of public or private experience working in accounting or finance
- Experience should include working within a real estate firm or an accounting firm that directly services real estate firms
- Major (Big 4) accounting firm experience working on REIT or Private Equity firm preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance (related field acceptable with professional certification or equivalent experience in Accounting or Finance)
- Demonstrated knowledge of commercial real estate property accounting is a must
- Familiarity with reporting from real estate accounting/budgeting software: e.g. Kardin, Yardi, MRI
- Strong experience in Microsoft Excel and ability to create custom reports required for measuring key performance metrics by property
- Asset Management
- Portfolio Management
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.