NexMetro Communities is growing and looking for a results oriented proactive Senior Financial Analyst/Associate to join its team of professionals. This position reports to NexMetro’s Finance Manager andis responsible for research, financial modeling, forecasting, underwriting, business analytics, market analysis, and due diligence.The ideal candidate is a high performer with a minimum of 2-years’ experience in real estate, investment or lending. This position is located in Phoenix, near 24th and Camelback.
- Prepare business analytics/underwriting for development projects often with complicated borrowing structures, waterfalls, and ownership structures.
- Participate in the design, development and delivery of real estate reporting and analytics.
- Prepare investment memoranda for presentation to investment committee.
- Prepare and maintain dashboards and key market metrics with a focus on forecast accuracy and market trends.
- Develop and maintain business, industry and market research sources.
- Contribute to marketing, fundraising, and client relations efforts by providing as-needed information on asset performance, forecasted results, and distributions.
- Review property operating statements, leases, rent rolls, and development budgets to perform detailed return analysis.
- Conduct research on a variety of development financing structures as well as regulatory environment, policy tools and programs.
- In the due diligence and conceptual design phase, evaluate the property and its development potential, and identify areas of risk.
- Conduct ad-hoc market and financial analysis as well as all other duties as directed and assist the overall team effort in any way possible.
- Stay informed of current industry and market trends including attending industry conferences.
- Represent NexMetro Development, LLC in a professional manner at all times.
- Bachelor’s degree in Real Estate, Finance, Economics, Accounting or equivalent required.
- Master’s degree in a related field, and/or CFA, a plus.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in real estate, investment or lending.
- Demonstrated non-linear thinking.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Outstanding organizational skills with ability to prioritize and manage multiple competing tasks.
- Collaborative, team-oriented individual with strong sense of integrity, entrepreneurial aptitude and professionalism.
- Ability to perform tasks and achieve results independently or as a part of a team.
- Advanced financial modeling and analytical skills including the ability to build and critique investment models.
- Superior Excel skills, with competency in Microsoft Word and PowerPoint.
- Competency in financial statement analysis, real estate valuation, accounting and finance.
- Business acumen.
- Effectiveness in reviewing own work to achieve high levels of accuracy.
- Financial Analysis
1+ to 2 years
Apply for this job