Purpose of Job: Responsible for leading the growth and progression of a data strategy and architecture, including design standards/patterns, to further transform USAA Real Estate s data environments into a highly valued business asset supporting the dynamic analytics, data science, and data warehouse needs by leveraging appropriate data platforms and technologies. Essential Duties:
- Develop and own a data warehouse and business analytics strategy that advances information governance across the organization.
- Partner with senior leaders in gaining buy-in and alignment of data strategy.
- Provide regular updates on key data strategy initiatives to executive leadership.
- Implement business and IT vision through creation of new data strategy and designs to span all data platforms and data tools (Data Visualization, Data Catalog and Advanced Analytics/Data Science).
- Determine data warehouse structural requirements by analyzing diverse organizational operations, applications, and programming; reviewing objectives with internal clients; evaluating current systems.
- Develop data warehouse solutions by designing proposed systems and functional capabilities, security, back-up, and recovery specifications.
- Maintain data warehouse performance by identifying and resolving production and application development issues; calculating optimum values for parameters; evaluating, integrating, and installing new releases; completing maintenance.
- Prepare business users and team members by conducting and/or coordinating training.
- Create repeatable and process-oriented data designs and patterns, architecture and strategies to support mission critical business needs.
- Develop a data modeling and cataloging strategy and manage the data models / definitions centrally, working closely data stewards.
- Anticipate and manage data-driven technology evolution and relate it to business solutions. Set direction based on alignment to business and overall technology standards.
- Oversee the development, implementation and execution of multiple projects ensuring scope and schedule are established for projects, leveraging both internal resources and third-party services.
- Perform or direct research on data-driven industry trends, competitors, business and IT products; analyze trends and makes strategic and tactical recommendations.
- Collaborate with USAA s Enterprise Information Governance and implement the enterprise information governance standards at USAA Real Estate.
- Bachelor s degree in Business Information Systems, Management Information Systems, or relevant degree field.
- 5+ year s experience with SQL programming, preferably within the accounting or finance industries.
- Knowledge of Transact-SQL (T-SQL), stored procedures, functions and views using SQL 2016 and higher.
- Team player with technical experience in leading the implementation of a Data Warehouse platform
- Experience with SSIS and SSRS.
- Skilled at optimizing large complicated SQL statements.
- Knowledge of best practices when dealing with relational databases.
- Experience in table design, including normalization.
- Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level.
- This position requires the incumbent to work from the San Antonio office.
- Must be able to work in the United States without current or future employer sponsorship.
- Experience integrating formatted and unformatted data within the Data Warehouse based on best practices
- SQL Server 2016 and higher
- Microsoft BI
- R and R Studio
- Visual Studio 2015 and higher working with SSIS
- TOAD for SQL Server or SQL Server Enterprise Manager
- Must have strong time management skills and be detail oriented
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to interface with all levels of the organization
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Regularly required to sit for extended periods of time; frequently required to stand, walk, and use business equipment daily such as computer, copier, fax, telephone, etc.; frequently required to reach overhead, bend, and lift objects of up to 25 lbs.
- Ability to handle stress caused by multiple priorities, and other unforeseen situations associated with the organization.
- Eyesight and hearing must be correctable to standard level.
- Hospitality / Entertainment
This job is no longer active.