Founded in 1993, Värde Partners, Inc. is a $14 billion global alternative investment firm that employs a credit-oriented, value-based approach to investing across a broad array of geographies, segments and asset types, including corporate credit, residential mortgages, real estate, specialty finance, transportation and infrastructure. Värde has three key offices, located in Minneapolis, London, and Singapore.
Värde’s investing activities are guided by the following investment philosophy: (i) search opportunistically for undervalued or inefficient markets; (ii) invest in financial assets at a discount to their intrinsic value; (iii) identify catalysts for value recognition; (iv) pursue medium-term investment horizons; and (v) manage risk through diversified investment programs and trading strategies.
Our firm’s core values of Integrity, Excellence, Collegiality, Innovation and Humility are apparent in our workplace every day. Värde employees are rewarded for their contributions, especially their passion, expertise and ideas. For more information, please visit our website. To be considered for employment, please apply through the careers page of our website.
- Be part of an entrepreneurial organization that encourages teamwork, collaboration, and progressive thinking. The CRE mortgage team is a component of Värde’s broader strategic plan to grow its U.S. mortgage business and diversify its investor base. The successful applicant will have the opportunity to play an integral role within a team that is expected to expand meaningfully over the next three to five years.
- Värde has been an active participant in the commercial real estate (“CRE”) mortgage markets since its founding in 1993. Prior to the Global Financial Crisis (“GFC”), Värde was predominately an investor in non-performing and sub-performing CRE debt portfolios. Post GFC, Värde’s U.S. mortgage business has invested over $7 billion.
- More recently, the firm has expanded its mortgage efforts through the successful raising of a dedicated mortgage fund series that recently had a final close on Fund II at $750 million. The CRE mortgage team has originated or acquired over $1 billion of commercial mortgages over the past two years and plans to grow investment volumes going forward consistent with the firm’s view that demand for non-bank real estate financing is increasing, expanding an attractive market with accelerating demand.
- The role is based in the Minneapolis office
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
- Primary responsibilities include credit analysis and underwriting, preparation of investment memorandums, as well as assisting senior investment professionals with transaction structuring, loan closing, deal sourcing, asset/risk management, syndication efforts, and relationship management
- Participate and present in pipeline meetings, internal deal discussions, and investment committees while displaying a high level of communication and presentation skills
- Actively manage transactions from preliminary assessment through asset management
- Participate in loan structuring, loan document negotiations, due diligence and closing processes
- Develop investment themes and conduct market and asset trend analyses
- 4 - 8 years of mortgage banking, real estate credit underwriting or investment experience
- Strong analytical and financial modeling skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of commercial real estate and general financial concepts
- Entrepreneurial, resourceful, self-starter; demonstrates persistence and drive
- Possesses intellectual curiosity and a desire to continuously expand knowledge base
- Strong organization and communication skills with the ability to succinctly express and present ideas
- Personal characteristics of collaboration, integrity, resourcefulness, self-motivation, adaptability and ability to work effectively with people in a variety of relationships and situations
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Flexible to travel up to 25-50%
- Able to work in the United States without sponsorship
- Investment Management
- Alternative Investments
5+ to 7 years
This job is no longer active.