Harbor Group Management Company, a Norfolk, Virginia based real estate investment and property management firm, has an immediate need for a Financial Writer and Analyst.
The Financial Writer and Analyst will work in a highly collaborative environment with the transactions, legal and communications teams to create content describing investment opportunities to sophisticated audiences. This position is mission-driven and has an instrumental role in driving the processes from content creation to completion. Channels will consist primarily of print and electronic delivery documents. Our corporate office in Norfolk, Virginia is the preferred location for this position. However, we will consider our offices in either New York City or Baltimore.
This position will create offering memoranda for real estate and real estate related asset specific investment opportunities. Content will include description of the asset, the thesis for investment, geographic market information, asset class description, financial analysis, investment structure. Position will be required to review and discuss financial models and underlying assumptions that result in financial projections for purposes of (1) creating a final research file to support the projections and (2) writing offering memoranda narrative consistent with the projections.
The Key Responsibilities.
- Must work independently to create clear, concise copy that meets the specific objectives of the project.
- Oversee content creation from the planning or draft stage to completion.
- Represent transactions group on project teams, serving as an advocate for effective content and as a point of contact.
- Work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Work with legal and compliance departments to ensure content includes proper regulatory disclaimers as well as adheres to corporate standards.
- Must demonstrate creativity, subject matter knowledge, technical proficiency, and initiative in completion of assigned jobs.
- Perform research on various asset classes, geographic markets and demographics as needed to develop accurate and appropriate content for offering materials.
- Write, edit and proofread investment offerings on a continual basis throughout the year.
- Participate in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergrad degree (English, Journalism, Communications, Technical Writing, Economics) is preferred
- 2-4 years’ experience writing in a financial or investment environment a plus
- A keen interest in economics, investments, the financial markets and relationship building
- Ability to translate complex ideas into compelling, audience appropriate communications
- Ability to judge quality of draft commentaries, do factual checks and fill in any content gaps.
- Excellent project management and organizational abilities.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects at one time while meeting rigorous deadlines.
- Must be available as needed outside standard workday/workweek hours, including Sundays.
- Investment Management
- Property Management
- Alternative Investments
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.