Come join the Kitson & Partners Team!
Kitson & Partners (K&P), Palm Beach Gardens, a leading Florida residential and commercial real estate development company, has an opportunity for a Controller – Commercial Accounting.
This position is responsible for overall, day-to-day accounting and reporting of the company’s commercial portfolio and leadership of the commercial accounting department. The commercial portfolio consists of 1.6 million square feet of existing and planned income-producing retail, office, multi-family, single family rental homes, storage, and industrial flex assets. Role is responsible for the development and implementation of internal controls, policies, and procedures for the department and maintains close interaction with property management, leasing, operations, acquisitions, development, and construction professionals of the company. Active CPA certification required.
If you are interested in joining a company that has a great work culture, a collegial team environment, rewarding work, and growth potential, we hope to hear from you!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Financial Statements –Full cycle accounting and reporting of commercial portfolio financial statements using GAAP.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and year-end consolidated portfolio operating reports detailing operational performance of assets.
- Preparation of the detailed annual operating and capital property budgets and income projections.
- Extensive knowledge in the recording of financial transactions including the purchase, sale, and refinancing of real estate and leasehold assets.
- Evaluation and implementation of department internal financial controls
- Responsible for Lender Reporting Compliance, monthly lender draw packages and waterfall calculations.
- Cash Management
- Preparation of monthly capital calls and distributions.
- Manage escrow funding sources and reconcile post-closing reconciliations.
- Assist with annual tax calculations, schedules for RE tax assessments and timely tax filings.
- Annual/Interim Audits with external auditors.
- Oversee management of Lease Administration including new and existing leases to verify proper recurring and additional billings and overall compliance.
- Oversee the preparation of tenant billings and annual reconciliations for operating insurance and real estate tax escalations.
- Spearhead transition of acquired property in accounting system.
- Set up jobs and related data for active development projects within accounting system.
- Reconcile job cost ledgers to general ledger.
- Maintain cash flow forecasts for active development projects.
- Process lender construction draw requests.
- Intermediary for property management, leasing, and corporate accounting.
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles, data conversions, and systems processes.
- Excellent communications skills and strong technical knowledge of general ledger systems and the control environment.
- Familiarity with multi-departmental accounting, general ledger analysis, accounts payable workflow.
- High levels of proficiency in all MS Office applications with expert level MS-Excel experience.
- Real estate related accounting software experience preferred with specific Yardi software experience as a plus.
- Understanding of ARGUS DCF and Enterprise helpful.
Educations and/or Experience:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting or Finance from and accredited university or college.
- Active CPA certification required.
- 8 + years of progressive related accounting and reporting experience.
- Strong GAAP and financial reporting technical skills
Our Diversity and Inclusion Commitment
K&P is an equal opportunity employer that believes in maintaining a work environment and company culture in which all people are respected and valued, regardless of gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, disability status, national origin, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Hybrid Work: We currently allow a Wednesday-only, remote Flexible Work Arrangement for qualified positions
Compensation and benefits
We offer an excellent compensation and benefits package, an exciting opportunity, and the chance to grow and contribute to an energetic, collaborative team. To apply, please submit your resume with salary expectations. Resumes submitted with salary requirements will have first consideration.
Candidates meeting these qualifications should apply online. We maintain a Drug Free / Smoke Free Workplace and perform reference checks and background screening. / EOE.
This job is no longer active.