Copford Capital Management (“Copford”) is a Single-Family Office serving the interests and financial reporting needs of the founders of Stonebridge Companies, a large operating business focused in real estate. We are a small, close-knit team, that resides within the larger Stonebridge Companies corporate office located in Denver. The investments of the Family Office are principally in real estate assets across the US and international. The investments also include a mix of private equity and venture capital.
We are currently looking to add an Accountant to the Copford team. As a key member of Copford’s accounting and financial reporting team, the accountant will assume a strategic support role in the accounting and financial reporting and analysis of the various entities under the management of Copford. This position is located in our corporate office in the Denver Tech Center.
JOB TITLE: Manager, Investment & Development Accounting
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assist in the timely preparation of monthly construction draws – find and copy/print all necessary backup, organize backup, and scan draw before submission to lender.
- Create and record journal entries in appropriate accounting systems.
- Bill pay, expense management, and bank account reconciliation for all investment and other related entities.
- Prepare monthly financial reporting package for all investment and other related entities.
- Code all construction & investment related invoices and process in appropriate accounting systems.
- Manage and account for two retail entities.
- Actively work with tax accountants throughout the year regarding tax reporting, payments, and monitoring.
- Process tax payments and manage inquiries.
- Research and reconcile all discrepancies.
- Various accounting and investment special projects as assigned.
- Ability to multi-task, manage time effectively and meet strict deadlines.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and relationship building skills.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Accounting experience required, specifically General Ledger, Bank and Balance Sheet Reconciliations, Financial Statement preparation, Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skillset required
- Hospitality experience preferred
- Proficiency with QuickBooks and other accounting platforms is highly desirable
- Bachelor’s degree in Business with an accounting focus
- Minimum of 8+ years of experience in an Accounting role
Salary Range: $90,000 - $130,000
Our company does not discriminate against its associates or applicants because of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability or medical condition. Equal employment opportunity will be extended to all persons in all aspects of the employer-associate relationships, including recruitment, hiring, advancement, compensation, benefits, training, promotion, transfer, discipline, layoff, recall and termination. Every reasonable accommodation will be made for disabled associates.
Resumes and applications for employment will be evaluated based on qualifications to meet the requirements of the position and ability to perform the requirements of the position.
Apply for this job