About the Company: SummerHill Homes (SHH), founded in 1976, is headquartered in San Ramon, and also has an office in Palo Alto. SummerHill develops and builds upscale in-fill single and multifamily residential communities in the Greater San Francisco Bay Area. With revenues of over $300 million annually, SummerHill Homes is a member of the nationally acclaimed Marcus & Millichap family of companies. We are poised for dramatic growth and are currently in need of a strong, experienced, and highly professional Development Manager. For more Information. For more information, please visit www.summerhillhomes.com.
Job Description: The Development Manager is responsible for directing and implementing all aspects of the project business plan for the projects that they are responsible. Projects range from large, for-sale homes to small, single family entry-level products, and multi-story townhome projects. The Development Manager will direct the consulting team for the project. Furthermore, this position works from the office in Palo Alto, CA.
Primary Responsibilities & Duties:
- Project planning and feasibility analysis
- Project budgeting and forecasting
- Product design and engineering
- Formation of the HOA and BRE approvals
- Managing the entitlement process, the schedule and acquiring all approvals
- Coordination with internal construction, sales and accounting teams to ensure accurate implementation of the project business plan
- Other duties as assigned
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree is required; an advanced degree is welcomed
- Must have at least 3 - 5 years entitlement, planning and /or land acquisition experience
- Strong knowledge of residential development and entitlements; alternatively, over 5 years of experience with a home building company
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work well with a diverse team with diverse needs
- Must possess a “can-do” attitude
- Solid organizational skills, and the ability to manage multiple tasks at the same time and meet deadlines
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel to prepare budgets and schedules
This job is no longer active.