Job Title: Investor Relations Coordinator
Location: Chicago, IL (On-site)
GEM Realty Capital, Inc. (“GEM”) is seeking to add a talented, goal-oriented, highly motivated professional to join GEM’s Business Development (“BD”) team that will report to a Senior Managing Director. The team is responsible for launching funds, capital raising, investor relations, and investor reporting. In this role, you will oversee the daily flow of investor relations activities, which includes managing investor-related data in the customer relationship management (“CRM”) system such as prospective investor pipeline and investor account updates. Ability to think independently, work as a team player, and remain proactive in anticipating the needs of current and prospective investors is paramount.
- Desire to join a dynamic, driven team within a vibrant corporate culture that encourages collaboration and connection across GEM’s business lines.
- Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year college.
- Professional and personable individual with excellent attention to detail, ability to prioritize, and efficiently manage multiple tasks and deadlines.
- 1-3 years of experience in a financial services (or similar) office environment.
- Familiarity with alternative investments, including real estate, private equity, or hedge funds a plus.
- Experience working in a CRM and/or proprietary investor database a plus.
- Strong writing, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Proven proficiency with PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Responsible for maintaining a robust CRM used for both investor reporting and fundraising. Assist with onboarding investors, distributing investor reporting across multiple funds on a quarterly basis, updating investor information, managing distribution and capital call notices, and creating customized reports as needed.
- Assist with drafting, editing and proofreading materials, responses to Requests for Information (“RFI”) and Due Diligence Questionnaires (“DDQ”), fundraising, and other materials requested by clients.
- Demonstrate a sense of urgency and confidentiality in handling sensitive investor information.
- Coordinate ongoingly with Financial Reporting, Tax, and Legal to complete investor transfers, fulfill ad hoc requests for investors, and meet investor communication timelines.
- Strengthen and maintain investor relationships by promptly responding to investor requests through email correspondence and phone calls.
- Play a key role in the preparation and production of the firm’s Annual Meeting for investors.
- Support the research of and possible transition to a new CRM for the use of capital raising and investor relations in conjunction with the Investor Relations, IT, and Financial Reporting teams.
- Execute on ad-hoc projects and tasks, as requested by senior management.
This position is located Chicago. The GEM team works primarily on-site with the option to work remote periodically. GEM offers a competitive salary and benefits including medical, dental, vision care, 401(k) match, and Health Savings Account (“HSA”).
Founded in 1994 and headquartered in Chicago, GEM Realty Capital, Inc. (“GEM”) is a real estate investment company with over $6 billion of assets under management on behalf of pension plans, endowments, foundations, insurance companies, and private clients. Our employees are dedicated to a common investment philosophy and committed to long-term partnership with our investors.
GEM invests in private-market real estate assets through GEM Realty Properties (“GRP”) and in publicly traded real estate securities through GEM Realty Securities (“GRS”). Over the past 27 years, GRP has completed more than 160 private real estate transactions in a variety of property sectors and geographic markets with a total investment cost of over $9 billion. GRS invests primarily in publicly traded equity and debt securities of real estate related companies, including REITs, homebuilders, and real estate operating companies.
GEM is a steward of investor capital and is highly focused on its fiduciary duties. GEM’s inclusive culture promotes innovation and collaboration, rewards hard work and integrity, and provides opportunity for professional development.
GEM has a firmwide commitment to (i) charitable giving and community impact through multiple individual and organized service opportunities (ii) diversity and inclusion through active engagement to deepen our firm’s D&I capacity and maximize opportunities for growth and education and (iii) ESG through active engagement to further initiatives that strengthen our positive impact, enhance value and support GEM’s fiduciary responsibilities.
Interested applicants should apply by sending a cover letter and resume. Cover letters should include salary expectations, and resumes should include relevant work and/or educational history. No calls, please.
GEM values a diverse workforce and encourages all applicants, including women, people of color, LGBT individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign born residents and veterans, to apply. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, disability, creed, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification, age, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status or any protected category by local, state or federal laws.
Apply for this job