Trammell Crow Residential (TCR) is a leading multifamily real estate developer with a local presence in 13 key U.S. markets. Over 40 years, TCR has built more than 260,000 premier multifamily residences, delivering amenity-rich communities in economically thriving locations nationwide. TCR is part of the development platform of Crow Holdings, a privately owned real estate investment and development firm with 70 years of operating history, $22 billion of assets under management, and an established platform with a vision for continued success. For more information, please visit .
The Development Manager reports to the Vice President of Development for Central Florida and is primarily responsible for managing the existing development pursuits and assisting with new ground-up market-rate multifamily rental opportunities. The Development Manager serves as the primary interface between construction and development internally and with external project teams throughout the development process from inception to disposition. This role is based in Tampa but will manage projects across Central Florida.
- Assist in all aspects of pre-development including underwriting, preparation of equity and debt book presentations, investment committee memos, site feasibility, and due diligence
- Manage internal development and construction team members, the design team, and 3rd party consultants
- Interface with brokers, property management, and government officials as necessary
- Manage the project design process, driving quality and cost effectiveness of the construction drawings by coordinating and leading internal and external plan reviews at all design stages
- Develop and manage the overall development schedule
- Obtain the necessary site and building permits as required by the municipality
- Participate in development meetings to report on entitlements, design, permitting, and construction updates
- Review construction pricing and clarifications to ensure the project is bid to specification
- Oversee the monthly draw approval process by reviewing monthly invoices and draw summaries
- Develop monthly project reports as requested by our equity partners to include financial forecasts, schedule updates, risk management, and marketing updates
- Ensure strict project compliance with the business plan and communicate critical issues to the Vice President
- Conduct periodic construction site visits including monthly OAC meetings
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s Degree or Real Estate Certificate a plus
- 5-7 years development experience in market-rate multifamily rental product. Specific experience with ground up development preferred
- Deep knowledge of design, architecture, construction and development
- Experience with coordinating multiple consultants and managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong experience with MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project)
- Experience tracking budget versus proforma, change orders, construction reports, etc.
- Customer service-oriented mindset, with superb communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Underwriting and market analysis experience preferred
- Role is Tampa based, with frequent travel across the Central Florida markets
5+ to 7 years
This job is no longer active.