The Acquisitions Analyst/Associate will assist in all aspects of the real estate investment process for our Home Building business. The position will be responsible for evaluating potential investment opportunities, focusing specifically on modeling cash flows, analyzing investment returns, assessing market conditions, conducting due diligence activities, assisting with investment committee memos, and creating reports for corporate headquarters. The position may also occasionally assist in some aspects of the development process, including design/entitlement, financing, lease-up, asset management, and disposition. The company is entrepreneurial and data-driven with an institutional process.
- Prepare underwriting using financial modeling software (e.g. Excel and ARGUS)
- Perform competitive market analysis and demographic research to assess real estate trends and identify investment opportunities
- Create investment committee memos and presentations
- Assist with the drafting and reviewing of transactional documents (e.g. LOIs, JVAs, PSAs, lease agreements, and operational agreements)
- Conduct due diligence and assist on acquisition closings
- Perform asset management, development budget analysis, and project performance reporting
- Prepare internal reports covering market data/conditions, existing asset performance, and acquisition pursuits
- Complete research and reports related to company-wide initiatives and ventures
- Perform asset-level reporting and valuations as needed, including collection of market data, review of property performance, and measurement of asset performance vs budget
- Other duties may be assigned.
- BA/BS degree in Real Estate, Finance, Economics or related field (Master degree preferred)
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience in real estate investment or related field
- Understanding of real estate finance, accounting, and economic fundamentals
- Experience analyzing and underwriting ground-up developments and value-add redevelopments, preferably in for-sale residential and/or land development
- Advanced expertise in MS-Excel - must be able to build complex cash flow and financing models from scratch across various asset types
- Experience with Argus & MS Office
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven business and financial acumen with a data-driven mindset
- Self-starter, logical and rational thinker, eager learner, and devoted teammate looking to continuously improve both personally and professionally
- Bilingual Mandarin required
This job is no longer active.