Our company is a top service organization supporting financial institution clients throughout the US. We have been a leader in real estate risk management and due diligence for over 23 years. We offer a full suite of valuation, environmental, and construction services for national and community lending institutions and real estate investors. Our products are designed to help clients manage internal risk and satisfy regulatory requirements for lending. Our focus is to provide solutions in challenging real estate transactions.
About the Job: VP of Valuation & Appraisal Services Department:
This position’s primary purpose is to be an integral part of the senior leadership team and to manage overall operations of the Valuation and Appraisal Services Department including current and future valuation team members. In addition, this position’s secondary purpose is business development, establishing strategic plans and goals and leading staff to meet company objectives for growth and high quality client services.
The VP of Valuation and Appraisal Services Department will also be responsible for overseeing and providing coaching and mentor-ship to valuation team members to increase overall understanding of appraisal processes and solidify the corporate knowledge and understanding. The VP will continually act as a point of contact for both internal and external partners who have questions, concerns or problems that need to be addressed within the area of appraisals and valuation.
- Perform detailed review of current appraisal and valuation processes to identify areas of concern and areas for improvement
- Provide suggestions and plans for implementation to address any identified issues
- Build, develop and manage a rapidly expanding team
- Plan and direct project work, determine resource requirements, and maintain control over quality and cost
- Ensure timeliness, quality of valuation services and adherence to client SOWs
- Ensure company is compliant with all appraisal and evaluation regulations (Dodd-Frank/Interagency Guidelines/individual state and federal guidelines)
- Maintain work files and ensure appraisal products comply with most-current USPAP guidelines, state and federal requirements
- Interact with providers to resolve any valuation report issues (appraisal and evaluations) and ensure compliance with state/federal guidelines
- Assist in planning for future business, including identification, analysis of new projects, estimation of resource requirements and subsequent proposal efforts
- Responsible for developing and managing a training program for new hires
- Assist in the development of new, compliant valuation solutions to meet clients’ needs and help identify potential new clients for the business development team
- Work with technical staff members to ensure client’s needs are being met
- Conduct weekly calls with department manager and complete periodic trips to Buffalo Corporate office with the Manager of the department
- Participate in senior sales team meetings, as needed
- Dissemination of regulatory updates, guidelines, and clarification notices
- Analyze market data to make decisions/suggestions pertaining to portfolio and new product pricing
- Assist with scorecards of providers (appraiser and evaluator); provide professional feedback on performance and quality of deliverable products
- Provide periodic reports to the Marketing Manager/ President including sales leads, new jobs, and weekly billing
- Maintain professional certifications and training
- Bachelor’s degree or above - Preferred fields of study include Real Estate, Accounting, Finance
- Certified General Real Property Appraiser License
- 7+ years of commercial appraisal experience or equivalent
- Strong valuation expertise
- Experience in Banking or other financial services organization preferred
- MAI, CCIM designation preferred but not required
Salary: This VP of Valuation & Appraisal Services position is full time with salary pay and benefits. Salary is negotiable and commensurate with experience
“Ownership” under an IRS qualified Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
Job Status: Direct Hire
This job is no longer active.