As a Managing Director, Capital Markets, you will be responsible for sourcing deals from institutional-quality CRE developers, owners, operators (collectively sponsors ) within the Southeast region for our Marketplace. You will bring your extensive relationships with sponsors, coupled with your expert knowledge of CRE capital markets and an insatiable hunger for success to build and manage a large pipeline of opportunities. As a deal maker, a proven track record is essential because success in this role equates to closing several deals per month. You will work closely with your colleagues on the CrowdStreet Investments Team to screen new sponsors, their deals, and investment structures to uphold the high standards of our Marketplace.
By leveraging your established reputation and relationships as a trusted CRE capital advisor, you will create new, repeat, and programmatic relationships with sponsors for CrowdStreet. You will teach prospective sponsors about online fundraising/syndication under SEC guidelines and why the CrowdStreet Marketplace is the future of CRE investing. You will acquire new sponsor customers by compelling them to try online fundraising/syndication for the first time, as an additional channel of capital and then establish CrowdStreet as a strategic partner and reliable source of equity for their future deal flow.
To support your success, you will be partnered with a Capital Markets Associate for your region, whose primary responsibilities include making outbound calls, scheduling meetings, identifying and qualifying new opportunities, and generally supporting the growth of your business.
This position is based in the Southeast U.S. and reports to our VP of Business Development.
The Success You'll Build: Primary Responsibilities and Impact
- Originate debt and equity offerings (private placements) from institutional-quality CRE owners, operators, and developers
- Develop and maintain sponsor relationships throughout the western region
- Lead your assigned Capital Markets Associate by example to generate ample activity required to build and manage a large pipeline of opportunities. Close several deals per month
- Identify and engage the top Ideal Sponsor Profiles in your region.
- Educate and advise sponsors about the benefits of online syndication as a superior source of equity financing for property development, acquisition, and recapitalization.
- Pre-screen sponsors, properties, and investment structures before formal submission to Investment Committee
- Coordinate with IC teammates to negotiate agreements and term sheets with sponsors for their offerings.
- Acquire new sponsor partners for their first online syndication via CrowdStreet, then build upon that experience to create long-term and programmatic relationships.
- Once a project proposal is signed, contribute to the success of your customer s online capital raise by supporting your teammates in operations and customer success.
- Contribute to the ongoing monitoring of a project during the management phase by supporting the asset performance team with sponsor reporting compliance
- Stay in continuous communication with your sponsor customers and originate additional debt and equity offering opportunities over time.
The experience that will help you succeed:
- 5-7+ years of private equity real estate, CRE investment sales, and/or capital markets investment banking experience.
- Exceptional investment real estate evaluation, underwriting, and assessment skills
- Deep, meaningful and proven relationships with CRE sponsors and brokers in the western region
- Verifiable track record of consistently meeting and/or exceeding quota goals
- Bachelor s degree or Master s Degree in Business or related field. MBA with an emphasis in real estate preferred, but not required.
The competencies you ll need:
- Experience with Salesforce CRM and pipeline management
- A belief in the CrowdStreet Mission: To deliver the best online real estate investing experience making it easier for individual investors to achieve smarter diversification.
- High level of ethics and integrity
- A collegial, team-player mentality who enjoys working in a cross-functional organization to meet shared company OKRs
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Entrepreneurial mindset with an insatiable desire to succeed.
The How | Values:
We are a diverse and collaborative organization We are connected and motivated by our common mission and goals:
- Collaboration: Seek diverse input, engage in healthy discussion, commit to decisions
- Respect: Treat others with kindness, practice empathy and inclusion, be a positive influence on others
- Impact: Embrace the entrepreneurial journey, focus on what matters, build something meaningful
Harassment, sexism, racism, bullying, aggression, intolerance & corrosive internal politics are unacceptable. Our values and beliefs are reflected in how we hire, coach, train, lead, reward, recognize and work together as a team.
Crowdstreet Benefits and Perks
- BE HEALTHY, BE HAPPY
We support the health of our employees and families through our Medical, Dental, and Vision plans which include HSA and FSA options.
- TAKE A BREAK
We offer a Flexible Time Off policy to encourage you to take a break when needed. Our policy also provides time off for you to volunteer and parental leave to support your growing family.
- WORK WHERE YOU WORK BEST
We know that great work can happen anywhere which is why we offer a hybrid work model. Work from home, anywhere in the continental U.S., from one of our offices (Austin, TX or Portland, OR) or some combination of the two.
- CROWDSTREET EQUITY
We provide stock option grants for all of our new employees to keep you connected to the ongoing success of our company.
- HOW YOU WORK
We provide all of our employees with a monthly stipend to use for your home office needs or support how you choose to commute to the office. Need something else to do your job? Our People Ops team can help!
- BUILD YOUR CAREER
We supply a monthly stipend for your continuous learning and development. Is there a course you ve always wanted to take? A certification you ve wanted to achieve? A conference you ve wanted to attend? Work with your manager to tee it up!
Working at CrowdStreet
CrowdStreet is the leading online commercial real estate investing marketplace. Our customer, the individual investor, joins the CrowdStreet community to learn about and invest directly in institutional-quality private real estate deals. Our mission is to deliver the best online real estate investing experience and make it easy for individual investors to diversify their portfolios.
CrowdStreet has been recognized as a leader in the commercial real estate and technology spaces. Recent accolades include:
- Forbes Top 500 Best Startup Employer
- Deloitte Technology Fast 500
- 2020 Top Places to Work, The Oregonian
- 2020 Oregon Technology Awards Accelerate Company of the Year
- #5 for "Fastest Growing Private Companies in Oregon & SW Washington" by the Portland Business Journal.
We are proud to support Work Where You Work Best and are enthusiastically adding to our team throughout the US. We also offer two locations (AUS and PDX) for those who work best in an office.
At CrowdStreet, inclusion, equity, and diversity are critical in achieving our goals. Our differences in age, race, gender, nationality, sexual orientation, physical ability, thinking style and background bring a breadth of knowledge that makes us collectively smarter and better able to compete. We are committed to recruiting, developing, and advancing a diverse staff and engaging in the hard work that makes that possible.
Please do not contact Crowdstreet directly. All considered applicants must apply through SelectLeaders/Bisnow.
This job is no longer active.