Role Value Proposition:
MetLife Investment Management (MIM) is one of the largest institutional investors and asset managers in the world, with over $651 billion in combined managed assets, and has consistently generated superior returns for both policyholders and shareholders. The enterprise has more than 900 dedicated professionals with extensive experience and expertise across public and private fixed income and private assets, including real estate. Visit us at to learn more.
Global Real Estate and Agricultural Investments maintain a portfolio invested in commercial real estate and agricultural mortgages, as well as real estate equities. Real Estate Investments sources and manages commercial real estate investments through seven regional field offices in the U.S. and International field offices in London, Tokyo, Mexico City and Santiago. The Associate Asset Manager will be responsible for asset management/owner’s representative decision making, overseeing the leasing, property management, construction management, reporting, valuation and overall accounting and other business transactions on an assigned portfolio of commercial investment properties. Property types may include office, retail, multi-family and industrial. On-going responsibilities include overseeing third party property management and leasing teams; developing property business plans, valuations, budgets, complying with all reporting and accounting requirements; working with JV partners; the acquisitions team and sale efforts (as may apply).
- Develop and implement, through third party property and leasing teams, property level strategies for leasing, operations, and capital expenditures.
- Budgeting, forecasting and expense management to maximize recurring net income.
- Manage leasing and management teams to maximize property performance (income/value).
- Evaluate leasing opportunities and negotiate leases. Negotiate legal documents and contracts. Coordinate and manage various internal/external resources and consultants (i.e., attorneys, environmental, construction).
- Review third party property Valuations and prepare appraisal summaries for assigned portfolio.
- Coordinate the sales process of designated assets including engaging brokers, evaluating bids, negotiating contracts, managing due diligence, and closing.
- Participate in pre-acquisition due diligence.
- Manage the selection of property management and leasing teams by securing proposals, conducting interviews and preparing management agreements. Manage property transition process by working with internal bank relations, insurance, and accounting departments.
- Regularly update or meet with internal Portfolio Managers and external JV Partners and MetLife clients about the performance of their assets.
- Assure timely and accurate financial data.
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- Results-driven professional with 4+ years of experience in commercial real estate or asset management.
- Experience managing and leading leasing and property management teams.
- Experience in lease negotiation and structuring.
- Strong real estate valuation and underwriting skills.
- Strong interpersonal (both oral and written) skills.
- Strong computer skills including proficiency with Argus, Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of building systems and operations issues.
- Ability to take on multiple assignments at the same time each with specific deadlines.
- Basic understanding of standard real estate legal documents such as leases, management agreements, construction contracts and appraisals.
- Team player willing to assist other staff members and volunteer for enterprise-wide committees and initiatives.
- Active involvement in the local commercial real estate community.
- Bachelor’s degree in an applicable business-related field.
- MBA or equivalent preferred.
Number of Openings
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.”
This job is no longer active.