Scout Cold Logistics is a real estate investment and development firm dedicated to cold warehousing infrastructure. The company invests in cold storage logistics and food production facilities throughout the United States. The company deploys capital through its dedicated investment fund. Scout is headquartered in Coral Gables, FL.
The Asset Manager will oversee all facets of property operations, manage positive tenant relationships, and strive to maximize asset value. This position will interact extensively with third party property services companies and vendors, along with Scout team members, including Legal, Accounting and Finance. The preferred candidate is a senior level commercial property manager, ready to move into a higher level of responsibility. Travel to assigned locations on a regular basis, and as needed, is required.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee site operations for each property within assigned portfolio, to exceed performance expectations.
- Ensure all the responsibilities and deadlines required of the Owner and Tenant are adhered to per the specifics of the lease(s).
- Ensure Third Party management services are performed to the level agreed to in each Property Management Agreement.
- Develop high level relationships with each Tenant, to assist, but not override, Property Manager responsibilities. Assist Property Manager with tenant communications when appropriate.
- Manage financial performance for each property, inclusive of but not limited to cash requirements and disbursements, revenue and expense forecasting, budget compliance, tenant charges and expense reconciliation.
- Ensure compliance with life safety, codes, regulations, inspections, certifications, and governmental agency directives, for both Owner and Tenant requirements.
- Assist with coordination of operational best practices related to various mechanical system preventative maintenance.
- Coordinate real estate tax review process for properties within the portfolio. Maintain ongoing relationship with third-party tax consultant.
- Manage Capital Improvement projects to ensure on-time, on-budget expectations.
- Ensure cost allocations and tenant billable charges are properly calculated and charged in a timely manner.
- Review Accounts Receivable and ensure payments are received timely.
- Determine appropriate tracking of Accounts Payable with Third Party management companies, within the stated management agreements.
- Conduct routine and un-announced site inspections to verify performance and adherence to procedures and operational requirements.
- Maintain ongoing summarized report of property status, inclusive of capital projects, operational issues, tenant concerns, financial status for reference to Senior Management.
- Assist Third Party Management teams to create detailed annual budgets, with comparison to previous years and variance narratives, as appropriate.
- Assist Scout Team members with quarterly valuation reporting, annual business plans, other reporting as required.
Skills and Competencies
- Minimum 5 years of real estate experience in commercial property management, industrial preferred
- The preferred candidate will have a BA or BS degree from an accredited institution, with a degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, Economics, Real Estate or other related fields. Experience and other accreditations would be considered as an alternative and/or supplement to a degree
- Thorough knowledge of Word, Excel, Office is required; experience in various accounting programs is a plus
- Strong critical thinking skills and the ability to independently develop strategies and recommendations
- Effective writing skills, as well as verbal interpersonal/communication skills
- Team oriented mentality with a strong ability to adapt and interact with team members
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Candidate should be proactive and self-motivated. Strong work ethic, integrity, attention to detail and commitment to meet deadlines are essential candidate attributes.
Competitive - based on experience.
This job is no longer active.