Investment Analyst - CRE
Northmarq - Seattle
NORTHMARQ - WHERE THE BEST COME TO THRIVE
Northmarq is entering a new era, and a landmark career opportunity is waiting for you. Northmarq is independent, and fiercely so, with the freedom to do things the right way. To hire the very best. To give them the resources to thrive. We do it because that’s what we believe. Northmarq is not held back by principles, we’re propelled by them. We and our clients are growing fast because we’re providing something rare and valuable: easy access to the industry’s best talent, an agile and collaborative style, and vast resources to execute flawless deals for our clients and partners. Northmarq was voted by Real Estate Forum as one of The Best Places To Work In Real Estate!
Northmarq is seeking an Investment Analyst to support the Production (Debt/Equity) team in Seattle. The Analyst will be joining an active and successful originations Production team and providing support through CRE Underwriting, Investment Report packaging, due diligence, and closing. Northmarq provides debt, equity, investment sales and loan servicing to commercial real estate owners and investors through our 40 offices coast-to-cast. Northmarq is privately owned, we are part of the Pohlad Companies family of businesses.
*Inquiries about this position, please contact Maria Sather (in Human Resources) at Northmarq.
*Application is required to be considered
- Organization – Responsible for providing support to the Seattle office through underwriting, loan request/investment report packaging, due diligence, closing, servicing and various support functions.
- Planning – Plans and schedules own workload to best utilize time and most efficiently provide commercial real estate research, analysis, packaging, and loan closing services.
- Underwriting – Prepares underwriting of commercial real estate properties based on historical financial statements, projections, and market standards to determine a projected income, value and loan amount.
- Packaging - Prepares investment reports in compliance with company guidelines and investor requirements. These reports include analysis of the borrower, property, underwriting, valuation, location, market, leases/rent roll, photographs, aerials, maps, etc.
- Market Research – Gathers site, neighborhood, and city data including demographics, sales and rent comparables, absorption surveys and occupancy studies.
- Closing – Provides loan closing coordination including collecting due diligence items, ordering third party reports, coordinating with all parties including borrowers, lenders and legal counsels, and acting as liaison with the servicing department.
- Servicing – Performs regional office servicing functions including annual inspections, investor portfolio analysis, lease reviews/briefs, and normal routine regional office servicing duties through local market knowledge.
- Customer Service – Responsible for providing investors and borrowers with prompt quality service in a friendly and professional manner.
- Office Administration – Performs office administration including support for all office functions as needed including marketing initiatives.
- Four-year college degree required. Major in real estate, finance, accounting, or business area preferred.
- One to three years’ of work experience in a related field, internship experience is considered
- Demonstrated analytical skills (ability to calculate NOI, DSC, LTV, LTC) and underwriting-related experience, preferably with all commercial property types.
- Strong computer skills including in-depth expert knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and software in relation to real estate. Knowledge of Salesforce or ARGUS software a plus.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task while under pressure.
- Client service-oriented.
Demonstrated Interpersonal and Professional Competencies:
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated work ethic and willingness to work extended hours when necessary
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects and assignments; able to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Problem-solving skills to reflect level of responsibilities
- Ability to maintain sensitive and confidential information
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude in all situations
This job is no longer active.