HK Organization, a New York-based real estate owner, operator and developer, is seeking an Associate for an acquisitions and asset management. HK currently has more than 1,000 residential units and in excess of 1,000,000 square feet of commercial and industrial space under management. With a 30-year track record of investing in neighborhoods ahead of the market curve, creative deal structuring, and extremely active management, HK continually provides investors with strong returns.
The Associate will underwrite potential acquisitions, source new deals, participate in due diligence, as well as asset management and implementation of property business plans. The individual should be a multi-tasker with excellent communication skills, a fundamental understanding of real estate operations and finance, and have a desire to learn in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment.
DAILY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage property management teams to ensure execution of business plans
- Support leasing and capital markets strategies
- Provide portfolio management support including budgeting, reviews, reporting, compliance and presentations to lenders and investors
- General financial analyses and support for a variety of investment and operational decisions
- Underwrite potential acquisitions by creating levered return analysis and equity waterfall models
- Research and analyze market data in order to support underwriting
- Draft investor and financing memorandums
- Perform acquisition due diligence, including reviewing leases, contracts, and historical operating statements
- Source and screen new deals by cultivating relationships with brokers and owners
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Bachelor's and/or master’s degree with a major in finance and/or real estate.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- 2 - 4 years of experience in commercial real estate
- Strong cash flow modeling skills
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel
- Experience using ARGUS is preferred
Commensurate with experience.
- Portfolio Management
- Due Diligence
- Alternative Investments
2+ to 5 years
Apply for this job