LivCor, a Blackstone portfolio company, is a real estate asset management business specializing in multi-family housing. Formed in 2013 and headquartered in Chicago, LivCor is currently responsible for a portfolio of over 300 Class A and B properties comprising more than 100,000 units in markets across the United States.
Our business is focused on making real estate more valuable. But for us, it’s more than that. It’s people first, community always. It’s a life-filled career, not just a career-filled life. It’s doing good work, with good humans, and making a difference. It’s excellence in all its forms. Ultimately, we create great places to work, live, and grow. We do that by focusing on leaving people – and places – better than we found them.
Whew! Still with us? Cool. Let’s talk about where you’d fit in:
Who Are We Looking For
We are looking for a well-balanced Financial professional to join the Financial Reporting team to support LivCor leadership Team and Blackstone Asset Management team. This person will focus on providing the data to support month-end financial processes in addition to serving as a partner as the business looks to modernize the presentation and extraction of data, shortening the time to insight. The ideal person for this role is an 0-2 year experienced Finance professional grounded in Financial Reporting & Analysis with an eye towards the future of reporting. This person is a strong communicator and influencer with an ability to bring people together. Lastly, this person believes in CorValues- ‘Be you. Be Real, Be Open”, “Care, Always”, “Courageously Curious”. No matter the process there is always room for improvement. This person will identify those opportunities and prioritize the vital resource to transform the process.
Only read further if you are:
- Smart with Heart
You should be:
- Authentic. You do you. Together, we’ll do something amazing.
- A passionate person with a love for real estate and investing; and believes that helping others win is a noble cause, essential to our success.
- An excellent team player who enjoys working with others and has strong interpersonal skills.
- Highly motivated, energetic, and organized
- Gumby. Things change.
What you will do:
The Financial Analyst will work with Blackstone Asset Management team, LivCor Leadership Team, Asset Management, FP&A, Capital Analytics and Revenue Management teams, and 3rd party research partners to perform the following job functions:
- Prepare and review portfolio level monthly financial results: includes extracting and aggregating portfolio data; preparing summary spreadsheets, graphs, tables and Microsoft Power BI Dashboards; evaluating performance metrics; highlighting notable issues and trends; and developing meaningful and insightful commentary
- Prepare and review of monthly market macroeconomic trends: aggregate and review industry data impacting multifamily sector including employment, wage and job growth, new supply, rent and occupancy trends, affordability ratios and lease trade out. Prepare summary tables, graphs, and commentary for executive leadership team and Blackstone team to make strategic decisions
- Prepare and review of quarterly board meeting presentation: coordinate with various teams on deliverables presented to Blackstone senior real estate leadership team at the quarterly board meeting; research and originate new ideas for presentation slides highlighting LivCor performance and/or macro trends
- Become a specialist in extracting and summarizing various research and industry data publications including the RealPage suite of products (YieldStar, Performance Analytics, Market Analytics, Axiometrics, MPF), Green Street Advisors, Bureau of Labor Statistics, Census, etc
- Vigilantly and proactively participate in a continual process improvement initiative, including new reporting solutions and process automation
- Develop and maintain value-add Power BI Dashboards and assist in system and process improvement projects as needed
- Perform special ad-hoc analysis and projects on a frequent basis for executive leadership team and Blackstone team. Be a role model in the adoption of new technologies that will aid in the modernization of the reporting across the LivCor organization
What you should have:
- A strong work ethic to thrive in a dynamic and demanding work environment and ability to meet critical deadlines with a keen focus on attention to detail
- Analytical skills with a working knowledge of Excel, Power BI, and PowerPoint
- Exposure or interest in analytics tools and languages such as SQL, VBA, Power Query and Power Pivot in Excel
- Excellent oral and written communication skills since interaction with personnel at all levels will be required
- 0-2 years of Financial Reporting and/or Financial Planning & Analysis experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) in quantitative field such as Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, Business, Finance, or Accounting
What we offer:
We know that if we take care of our team everything else will fall into place. We aren’t perfect, but we will try to set very clear expectations, always let you know where you stand, and do everything in our power to help you get where you want to go.
Our culture and values matter to us. A lot. We’re definitely not serious but we take this stuff seriously, if you get what we mean. We want a place that is an ego-free zone. A place where good people do good things together. It shouldn’t be rocket science in workplaces, but for some reason it still is? We’re absolutely determined to be different, and we think we’re doing a pretty good job at it. We have a CEO who makes fun of himself, and who will encourage you to tell him when he is wrong. In fact, he needs people to – we all do. Supportive challenge is good, it’s how we get better. We like getting better. We also love diversity, of all kinds. We need people who look, sound, speak, love, and exist differently from one another. This isn’t at the end of this paragraph because it’s an afterthought. It’s SO important to us we want it to stand out.
Right. On to the technical stuff that we know matters to you. We offer competitive pay that is commensurate with the market and relevant experience, and a full slate of benefits that even includes things like paid parental leave.
If any of this sounds interesting, then maybe we are a fit. Life is too short to work with people you don’t like. So whatever you do, don’t make that mistake.
The LivCorian Values
Be you. Be Real. Be Open. You do you. Together, we will do something amazing.
Care, Always. We don’t want to let anyone down.
Courageously Curious. We love to learn, even when it hurts.
Help Others Win, Be A Good Neighbor. This is about ‘We, not Me.’
Relentless Hustle, Heart & Humility. Work hard. Be Kind. Make Better.
LivCor is proud to be a US EPA ENERGY STAR® Partner
Our company is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Our employment decisions are based on individual qualifications, job requirements and business needs without regard to race, color, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, religion, disability, citizenship status, national origin, pregnancy, veteran status and or any other legally protected characteristics. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations, if you need an accommodation to complete the application process, please email us.
1+ to 2 years
This job is no longer active.