LivCor, a Blackstone portfolio company, is a real estate asset management business specializing in multi-family housing. Formed in 2013 and headquartered in Chicago, LivCor is currently responsible for a portfolio of over 300 Class A and B properties comprising more than 100,000 units in markets across the United States.
Our business is focused on making real estate more valuable. But for us, it’s more than that. It’s people first, community always. It’s a life-filled career, not just a career-filled life. It’s doing good work, with good humans, and making a difference. It’s excellence in all its forms. Ultimately, we create great places to work, live, and grow. We do that by focusing on leaving people – and places – better than we found them.
Whew! Still with us? Cool. Let’s talk about where you’d fit in:
We are looking for someone to join the most active multifamily platform in the industry. As an Investment Senior Director, you will serve as a market/regional leader on the LivCor investment team to identify multifamily investment opportunities consistent with Blackstone’s investment objectives. Since 2018, the platform has transacted more than $21 billion in multifamily assets. In addition to unmatched transaction experience, you will collaborate with seasoned real estate investors across the LivCor and Blackstone teams. Furthermore, you will have the opportunity to leverage the platform’s competitive advantage via proprietary business intelligence and a suite of in-house specialist teams, including Asset Management, Redevelopment, CapEx, Revenue Management, Operations, Financial Planning & Analysis, Marketing, Strategic Initiatives, as well as access to industry leading technology solutions. This role will report to the Head of the Investments Team.
Only read further if you are:
- Smart with Heart
You should be:
- Authentic. You do you. Together, we’ll do something amazing.
- A passionate person with a love for real estate and investing; and believes that helping others win is a noble cause, essential to our success.
- An excellent team player who enjoys working with others and has strong interpersonal skills.
- Highly motivated, energetic, and organized
- Gumby. Things change.
What you will do:
- Serve as a market and regional leader.
- Provide mentorship in an apprenticeship structure to foster skills development of investment team members.
- Lead market coverage for assigned markets, to be determined based on experience and relationships.
- Initiate and foster relationships with brokers, owners, potential joint venture partners, property managers, and other market participants to facilitate a consistent pipeline of suitable investment opportunities.
- Identify investment opportunities, including yield-focused, value-added, and opportunistic, which meet Blackstone’s investment objectives.
- Generate and negotiate LOIs with prospective sellers and/or partners in line with those same investment objectives.
- Direct and coordinate the underwriting, due diligence, executive review committee approval, budget collaboration and transition to Asset Management, in close collaboration with senior Blackstone professionals.
- Direct legal counsel in the preparation and negotiation of Purchase Agreements and related legal documentation as necessary to complete the transaction.
- Collaborate with the Blackstone Capital Markets team to execute its financing strategies as necessary to complete the transaction.
- Provide market leadership for dispositions, including BOVs, marketing material development, marketing processes, buyer selection input, due diligence and closing across multiple dispositions simultaneously.
- Develop strong relationships with LivCor and Blackstone peers to enhance performance in acquisition and disposition functions; foster these types of relationships among others on the team.
- Promote LivCor culture and values among the team.
What you should have:
- Bachelor's degree in finance, real estate, or related technical field.
- 7-10+ years of multifamily investment experience working at a real estate investment company or financial services firm.
- Experience and strong relationships in Sunbelt and/or West Region markets.
- A comprehensive understanding of real estate and capital markets.
- Exceptional quantitative and underwriting skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, with the ability to convey complex information clearly and concisely.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail with the ability to manage multiple deals under tight timelines simultaneously.
- Ability to work within a team environment with a high degree of collaboration and communication.
- Travel required.
- Please submit a deal sheet as a page of your resume.
What we offer:
We know that if we take care of our team everything else will fall into place. We aren’t perfect, but we will try to set very clear expectations, always let you know where you stand, and do everything in our power to help you get where you want to go.
Our culture and values matter to us. A lot. We’re definitely not serious but we take this stuff seriously, if you get what we mean. We want a place that is an ego-free zone. A place where good people do good things together. It shouldn’t be rocket science in workplaces, but for some reason it still is? We’re absolutely determined to be different, and we think we’re doing a pretty good job at it. We have a CEO who makes fun of himself, and who will encourage you to tell him when he is wrong. In fact, he needs people to – we all do. Supportive challenge is good, it’s how we get better. We like getting better. We also love diversity, of all kinds. We need people who look, sound, speak, love, and exist differently from one another. This isn’t at the end of this paragraph because it’s an afterthought. It’s SO important to us we want it to stand out.
Right. On to the technical stuff that we know matters to you. We offer competitive pay that is commensurate with the market and relevant experience, and a full slate of benefits that even includes things like paid parental leave.
If any of this sounds interesting, then maybe we are a fit. Life is too short to work with people you don’t like. So whatever you do, don’t make that mistake.
The LivCorian Values
- Be you. Be Real. Be Open. You do you. Together, we will do something amazing.
- Care, Always. We don’t want to let anyone down.
- Courageously Curious. We love to learn, even when it hurts.
- Help Others Win, Be A Good Neighbor. This is about ‘We, not Me.’
- Relentless Hustle, Heart & Humility. Work hard. Be Kind. Make Better.
LivCor is proud to be a US EPA ENERGY STAR® Partner
Our company is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Our employment decisions are based on individual qualifications, job requirements and business needs without regard to race, color, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, religion, disability, citizenship status, national origin, pregnancy, veteran status and or any other legally protected characteristics. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations, if you need an accommodation to complete the application process, please email us.
7+ to 10 years
This job is no longer active.