Are you looking to become an indispensable part of a stable and growing organization by adding valuable contributions to the company while also supporting your own career advancement? If so, then National Real Estate Development would like to hear from you!
We are seeking an experienced Construction Manager to join our team of commercial real estate professionals working in the vibrant neighborhood of East Market, Philadelphia. The ideal candidate for this position is interested in stability, growing their career, working autonomously, building leadership skills, and learning about positively impacting urban neighborhoods. As part of this role, the Construction Manager will also have an opportunity to influence the energy and fabric of inclusive communities including shops, restaurants, bars, workspaces, homes, and art.
- With National’s sophisticated business model, and through skills development with direct access to senior leadership, employees are provided with unmatched opportunities to accelerate their careers.
- While providing the best experiences and benefits of a larger firm, our smaller size allows us to be early adopters and provide our people with exceptional, personalized support.
- National is committed to employee health and well-being initiatives and caring for the whole person. Our flexibility is unrivaled by our competitors, which only enhances the daily energy and enthusiasm of the company.
- We currently offer a hybrid work schedule and a competitive compensation and benefits package, including 100% company paid health insurance premiums for employees and their eligible dependents.
- We are actively seeking a talented, experienced, and motivated Construction Manager to join our team in Philadelphia, PA!
Responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
- Oversee and carefully supervise all stages of the daily construction related activities for specific development projects, from inception to completion, focusing on critical path project planning, organizing, budgeting, and scheduling.
- Support the implementation and execution of the commercial real estate development plan.
- Set expectations that construction projects are completed on time and meet project standards; assist in evaluating project performance.
- Perform trade coordination and project tracking, while maintaining a healthy focus on safety and quality controls.
- Manage construction related tasks for the development team during the permitting and entitlement process.
- Assist with negotiating and finalizing construction contracts and review of changes.
- Interface with the parent company and third-party consultants and lenders.
- Support internal sustainability initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree in architecture, engineering or construction management is required.
- Graduate-level or technical-school coursework in real estate, development, construction, or another related field is preferred, but not required.
- Minimum 5 years of field experience with varied commercial building types is required. Candidate must have experience with new, ground-up construction.
- Active professional licensure in a construction-related discipline (e.g., architect, civil engineer, structural engineer, etc.) is preferred, but not required.
- Familiarity with unionized construction trades, concepts, policies, and procedures including experience with Project Labor Agreements, Collective Bargaining Agreements, trade jurisdictional and work rules, labor rates, etc.
- Experience negotiating construction and related contracts, including various types of construction agreements (GMP, Cost Plus, Stipulated Sum, AIA Forms, AGC Forms, etc.); architects agreements, and consultant agreements in related fields (structural engineering, civil engineering, geotechnical, environmental, etc.).
- Experience with construction-related risk management including insurance and surety products is essential.
- Experience with project cost estimation, scheduling, and construction and design delivery methods is needed.
- Must have the ability to read and understand work orders, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Experience reviewing architectural plans and specifications for completeness and constructability is essential.
- Experience with the constructability and suitability of various types of building systems and construction methods is preferred.
- Experience with sustainable (i.e., “green”) construction practices (e.g., LEED, GreenPoint, etc.) is preferred.
- Possess aptitude for learning new technology applications and current proficiency in the Microsoft Suite and Project, and Adobe software (e.g., Microsoft Project) is required.
- This position requires applicants to be authorized to work in the United States.
- Minimal travel is required and based on business needs.
The work environment and physical demand characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description in no way states or implies these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; nothing herein restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities of this job at any time. The employee in this position will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by his or her supervisor.
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at National will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. National does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Architecture / Design
- Alternative Investments
- Hospitality / Entertainment
5+ to 7 years
Apply for this job