Our client is a privately held, full-service real estate development company.
The Nashville, TN-based company is responsible for a growing portfolio of market-leading projects in premier locations across the country, including single- and multi-family homes, luxury towers, master-planned communities, and mixed-use projects nationally.
We are 400 of the industry s foremost and most forward-looking experts in sustainable planning, architecture, design, construction, marketing, and customer service working to ensure that each project is distinctive and successful.
With creativity and innovation as guiding principles, our business model enables direct communication between planning, architecture, construction, and operations professionals to collaborate over the complete property lifecycle. Careful design, and detailed execution streamline the development process and create value for our homeowners, tenants, and investors.
The Corporate Controller is the most senior accounting professional in the organization and is expected to lead the company's Accounting, Financial Reporting and Internal Controls functions, including effective management of the department s people, processes and systems. Reporting to the CFO, responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Lead the company s Corporate, Property, Construction and Development Accounting functions, ensuring the production of timely, complete, and accurate financial data for both external and internal reporting purposes.
- Provide technical expertise with respect the company s transaction activity and the implementation of new accounting standards.
- Evaluate, maintain, and monitor accounting policies and procedures consistent with GAAP and industry best practices.
- Supervise and coordinate the preparation of annual, quarterly and interim reports, as well as monthly management reporting packages.
- Supervise and coordinate the preparation of monthly bank draw packages and capital call packages for development projects.
- Assist in the preparation of Annual budgets and periodic reforecasts
- Evaluate, maintain and monitor policies and procedures related to internal controls over financial reporting.
- Continuously assess department capabilities, including people, processes and systems, and make recommendations towards developing a best-in-class organization.
- Proactively manage, motivate, and mentor department personnel.
- Effectively communicate with internal partners including Financial Planning & Analysis, Tax, Treasury, Architecture & Design, Development, Construction, Property Management, Homebuilding, Infrastructure, Horticulture, and others.
- Manage relationships and lead communications with external auditors.
The ideal candidate for this role would exhibit the following qualifications:
- Significant accounting experience with REITs, Developers, or real estate operating companies. Commercial Construction/General Contractor experience required.
- Extensive knowledge of GAAP accounting, internal controls over financial reporting and other statutory requirements.
- 10-15 years of relevant experience with increasing responsibilities and recent leadership roles.
- Private Real Estate development company experience preferred
- Prior experience with a Big Four accounting firm preferred.
- Multifamily / Master Planned Single Family Community real estate experience preferred.
- Highly motivated self-starter with the ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast paced team -oriented environment.
- Experience managing teams with sound judgement and strong leadership capabilities.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Personal and professional integrity of the highest order.
- Accounting / Control
- Financial Analysis
10+ to 15 years