A well-capitalized, large privately held commercial real estate firm is looking for an experienced, energetic & creative commercial real estate manager to oversee leasing and property management of a portfolio of industrial, retail, and office properties in Hawaii, across multiple islands. This position will be located in our Honolulu office.
Candidate will be responsible for managing relationships with third party brokers to lease a portfolio of commercial office, retail and industrial space throughout the western United States. The Real Estate Manager will act on behalf of the Landlord to negotiate lease terms with prospective tenants, draft all lease documents and exhibits, communicate with property managers and ownership on leasing activity, and monitor and respond to market leasing conditions.
Additionally, this role will have property management oversight for assigned properties, including overseeing support staff and third party managers. Responsibilities will include physical inspections, vendor and tenant relations, preparing annual budgets and CAM reconciliations, monthly financial reporting, and overseeing physical improvements.
Key Leasing Responsibilities:
- Oversee the marketing & leasing efforts for the assigned portfolio.
- Manage third party broker relationships.
- Maintain and track available space inventory.
- Draft & review leasing related agreements (LOI’s, new leases, amendments, subleases, terminations, assignments, etc.)
- Set renewal parameters and manage renewal process.
- Provide routine reporting of all leasing activity.
- Other duties as assigned.
Key Property Management Responsibilities:
- Oversee capital and tenant improvement projects at the assigned properties, including those mandated by lender and insurance requirements.
- Oversee tenant relations and property operations including the collection of rent, payment of expenses, compliance with tenant lease terms and preparation of all required legal notices.
- Prepare annual operating and capital budgets as well as monthly executive and financial reports, including monthly variance explanations.
- Oversee and approve calculations of all special billings.
- Perform regular inspections of the property. Recommend and direct alterations, maintenance and recondition of the property as necessary.
- Contract for vendor services and supervise as required.
- Support property acquisitions and sales team by participation in the due diligence process and disposition proceedings, if required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience
- Customer service oriented
- Strong organizational, problem solving, and time-management skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work well in a team environment
- Ability to effectively interact directly with prospective tenants, brokers, and ownership
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Accurately perform basic mathematical functions
- Extensive knowledge of Yardi and the MS Suite (specifically Excel)
- Intermediate to advanced computer and internet knowledge
- Experience using on-site management software functions
- The employee will be regularly required to sit; stand; walk; reach using feet, legs, back, arms and hands; talk and hear. The employee may occasionally be required to climb. The employee will be required to work at a personal computer and talk on the phone for extended periods of time. Must possess the ability to detect auditory and/or visual alarms and be available to work extended/flexible hours and weekends, as needed.
Learning and Development:
- Maintain a commitment to ongoing professional development and career growth through our company’s continuing education programs
- Travel is required to properties within the portfolio, around 10% travel is expected. The position may require the availability to work some nights, weekends, and occasional holidays. Regular attendance and active participation/planning at company functions and events is also required.
- Offering a competitive salary with performance bonus, 401K and health benefits.
- Medical, Vision, & 125 Plan
- We cover 100% of the monthly premium costs for medical and vision and offer a 125-plan option for dental and dependent medical premiums.
- Prepare for retirement and ramp up your 401(k) savings with a 2% employer match.
- Group Life, Long-Term, and Short-Term Disability Insurance
- We provide up to $25,000 of coverage if the unimaginable occurs.
- Paid Holidays & Vacation: Enjoy 11 paid holidays and accrue anywhere from 2 – 4 weeks of paid vacation as you accumulate years of service. (available after 90 days of employment, full-time employees)
- Not feeling well? We provide you with 48 hours of sick pay each year.
- Great Talent Knows Great Talent - Bonuses provided for hires made through employee referrals
- Volunteer Time-Off
- Save with group purchasing discounts on computers and appliances, housing discounts, and exclusive scholarship opportunities!
- Employee Assistant Program (EAP)
- Health Advocate and Travel Assistance Program
- Bereavement Pay if dealing with an unfortunate death in the family
- Competitive Bonus & Commission Structures
- Opportunities for Advancement
- Property Management
5+ to 7 years
Apply for this job