CoStar Group is the world's leading provider of information and marketing solutions for the Commercial Real Estate industry. We are a NASDAQ listed company with a market cap of over $30B+.
As a technology company, we are the trusted partner for all commercial real estate professionals empowering many of the most well-respected landlords, development companies, brokerage firms, banks, lenders, investors and government agencies.
Apartments.com is the leading online apartment rental listing website, offering property, commuter, and neighborhood information for more than 1,000,000 available units nationwide. A CoStar Group subsidiary, the Apartments.com network includes Apartments.com, ForRent.com, ApartmentFinder.com, Apartamentos.com, ApartmentHomeLiving.com, ForRentUniversity.com, After55.com, CorporateHousing.com and WestsideRentals.com. Reaching millions of renters worldwide, enabling both qualified traffic and highly engaged renters, Apartments.com is the fastest growing site within the residential rental industry.
As a Mid-Market Sales Associate for Apartments.com, you will be responsible for selling advertising to new customers, growing new customer revenues by building relationships, sharing relevant market data and analytics, crossing selling and driving high renewal rates all while providing the highest level of customer service. The Mid-Market Sales Associate for Multifamily Marketing will work with existing accounts to demonstrate the benefits of Apartments.com, a CoStar Division, as an advertising medium and identify and develop new advertising solutions. You will receive a first class onboarding and training experience where you will learn how the different players in Commercial Real Estate operate, what is important to them and what solutions we have that meet their needs. You will have your own book of business, a robust supply of leads to develop, excellent products to sell, an excellent career development path.
- Develop strong understanding of market research and competitor behavior to engage in value added conversations with prospective clients
- Gain a thorough understanding of your clients and their needs
- Sell advertising products that will maximize ad sales business growth for Apartments.com
- Complete ownership of the full sales cycle including: prospecting, demoing, closing, onboarding, training and renewing
- Maintain ongoing relationships with new clients through regular communication and servicing
- Meet and exceed monthly sales goals
- Travel to client market at least once per quarter (10% travel)
OUR BEST PERFORMERS ARE
- Passionate, hard-working and ambitious - As an innovator, we are fast paced and creative and expect our Sales Associates to move quickly to seize opportunity.
- Fast to learn new concepts and apply them - Apartments.com clients and prospects are diverse and demanding. With a constantly evolving suite of products, successful Sales Associates are skilled at understanding a clients need and recommending the appropriate product.
- Curious - Our best salespeople ask intelligent questions, demonstrate strong listening skills and learn from customers and colleagues
- Excellent communicators - our broad-ranging solutions require clear, concise communication tailored to the relevant audience.
- Committed to Customer Service - Successful Sales Associate's at CoStar provide valuable insights and take ownership of their client's requests, managing them to a successful outcome.
- Flawless Execution - Our clients trust us with their most valuable assets and our sales team takes extreme care in executing transactions flawlessly so that we can keep and build on that trust.
- Two or more years of B2B sales experience, preferably in web, publications, newspaper or magazine advertising sales or equivalent experience in the Multifamily industry
- Ability to collaborate with regional-based teams and other partners to deliver results
- Qualify data and dissect trends that will help tell the story of an entire market
- Proven ability to effectively build and maintain mutually beneficial relationships with clients
- Proven track record at assertively researching and qualifying prospective clients
- Preference given to candidates who possess a thorough understanding of commercial real estate (multi-family), including the marketing objectives of property owners with vacant space (apartments)
- Bachelor's degree required
PREFERRED QUALIFCATIONS AND SKILLS
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Outstanding presentation and communication skills by phone
- Someone looking for a career, not just a job
- Industry leader with an energetic and fast paced dynamic culture
- Innovative technology and a reputation for outstanding products
- 20%+ average of year over growth and aggressive plans to become a $3 billion dollar company in the next few years
- Outstanding sales and product training programs
- Excellent career growth opportunities
- Excellent compensation and an outstanding annual Presidents Club trip for top performers
Be part of a team of sales professionals enjoying the opportunity to learn, do, and grow in a rewarding atmosphere. But don't just take our word for it -- see why our team chose to work at and stay at CoStar Group: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVbJRnJ2sX0
We welcome all qualified candidates who are currently eligible to work full-time in the United States to apply. However, please note that CoStar is not able to provide visa sponsorship for this position
CoStar Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; we maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing
This job is no longer active.