Rockwood Capital is seeking an Analyst in our New York office. The Analyst will be an integral member of the Asset Management Team and will cover East Coast real estate investments, including office, retail, apartment, hotels, and land. The ideal candidate will demonstrate a combination of applicable work experience and a passion for real estate investing. This position offers career growth and development and an opportunity to contribute to the overall success of Rockwood in a collaborative, team environment.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Supporting the Asset Management Team in maximizing the value of existing investments by providing analytical support when updating property specific business plans. Analysis may include conducting ongoing quantitative and qualitative analyses through hold/sell analysis, lease analysis, cash flow modeling, and annual budget preparation assistance.
- Tracking investment performance, preparing quarterly valuations and assisting with quarterly narratives that summarize the performance of owned properties.
- Performing in depth market research and asset specific due diligence, providing support in preparing investment memorandums, and completing other tasks as needed.
Skills & Competencies
- A demonstrable passion to pursue a career in the real estate investment field
- BA/BS with a strong academic record
- Minimum of 1+ years of experience in commercial real estate or investment banking
- Highly advanced excel modeling skills and understanding of complex financial concepts
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to handle short timelines and multiple priorities while working well in a team and independently
More About Rockwood Capital
Rockwood Capital is a real estate investment firm with offices in San Francisco, CA, New York, NY and Los Angeles, CA. Rockwood was founded in 1995 and provides debt and equity capital for core, core-plus, value-add and special situation real estate investment opportunities. Rockwood Capital manages $9.0 billion of real estate on behalf of over 90 public and private pension plans; endowments; foundations; insurance companies, and high net-worth families and individuals. For additional information, please visit: .
Selection will be based solely on merit and will be without discrimination because of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, religion, national origin, marital status, or disability.
ROCKWOOD CAPITAL IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
- Asset Management
- Research/Market Analysis
- Due Diligence
- Hospitality / Entertainment
1+ to 2 years
Apply for this job