Realty Income, The Monthly Dividend Company®, one of four San Diego based S&P 500 companies dedicated to providing shareholders with dependable monthly income. Our company is structured as a REIT, and its monthly dividends are supported by the cash flow from over 6,000 real estate properties owned under long-term lease agreements with regional and national commercial tenants. To date, our company has declared over 600 consecutive common stock monthly dividends throughout its 50-year operating history and has continually increased the dividend since Realty Income's public listing in 1994 (NYSE: O). Our company attracts individuals who value integrity, perseverance, and teamwork. If you appreciate working in a professional environment that rewards employees based on merit and values a work-life balance, make sure to apply today!
As Realty Income’sSenior Research Analyst, you will be responsible for assisting with credit analysis on prospective and existing tenants. Your day-to-day may include spreading and analyzing financial statements, writing summaries of tenant’s quarterly earnings and relevant events, and assisting in generating reports that are presented to the Investment Committee and Board of Directors. Your strong analytical background, coupled with understanding of finance and accounting, will be vital as you perform real estate analysis valuation for new transactions.
Your Contribution to the Team Includes
Analytics & Presentations
- Assist in writing Research reports, which outlines the financial condition of the prospective tenant, along with the analyst’s investment opinion on the transaction. This report plays an important part of the Investment Committee decision-making process.
- In this report, the focus is in several areas, specifically:
- A. Company overview;
- B.Corporate financial condition on a historical and present basis;
- C. Store level P&Ls, if available at this juncture, are analyzed;
- D. Pro forma projections are performed, specifically on a sensitivity basis, to assess cash flow, liquidity and debt service coverage;
- E. Industry and competition are discussed (including some industry-specific ratio comparisons, if available)
- F. Credit scores
- The opportunity to present proposed transactions to Investment Committee
- Input tenant financial information into Spreadsheet/Sensitivity Analysis to assist in the evaluation of the portfolio health
- Research new opportunities and conduct industry research
- Complete a summary of tenants’ quarterly earnings releases.
- Generate, maintain, and publish periodic reports/industry tracking pieces for senior executives
- Provide morning news updates for investment committee and senior executives
- Maintain databases of information of our tenants and industries
- Special projects: opportunity to work on ad-hoc projects with senior executives
What You’ll Need to be Successful
- Undergraduate degree: B.S. or B.A. with an emphasis on finance, accounting, and/or other related field of study
- 2 or 3 years of work experience strongly preferred
- Strong background in Excel, along with PC skills (Outlook, Word and Power Point)
- Solid understanding of finance and accounting
- Attention to detail and work with minimal oversight
- Thirst for learning new concepts
In response to COVID-19, Realty Income has maintained our business operations and have open opportunities, yet made necessary adjustments to our hiring process. We are conducting all steps of the interview process in a virtual capacity. In response to California’s Stay at Home order and other states with similar provisions, our employees will continue to work remotely until these restrictions have been lifted and it is safe to work in an office again. Realty Income has endeavored to be adaptable and strategic in our capacity to maneuver in an unfamiliar situation, and we pride ourselves on our resilience. We immensely appreciate both your flexibility and consideration of Realty Income for employment.
To all recruitment agencies; Realty Income does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our job’s alias, Realty Income employees, or any company location. Realty Income is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
2+ to 5 years