Cox Communications is the largest private telecom company in America, and we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. At Cox, we are committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection, not only with our products and services, but also with our career opportunities. Come connect with us, and lets build a better future together.
Budgets and operates leased or owned structures, other technical sites and office facilities. May be responsible for leasing, maintenance, building security, energy conservation, reception and mailroom operations, office equipment and furnishing procurement. May oversee new facility planning, acquisition and build-out. Assures compliance with all local, state, federal and OSHA facilities related regulations.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions
- Ensures building safety and maintenance of all assets within each facility, surrounding property and the safety of all assigned personnel.
- Coordinates the pre-qualification, bidding, proposal evaluation and subcontractor selection process for periodic maintenance contracts along with site/facility cleaning. Ensures cost control, quality and completeness of work and expedient reactions to emergency situations.
- Assists with development and managing Facility’s Capital projects, Operating and Maintenance budgets
- Coordinates with Risk Management and Human Resources on BCP, OSHA, ADA, safety and other related facility matters including evacuation procedures and natural disasters.
- May assist with physical building security and electronic security systems.
- Supervises and provides leadership, coaching and counseling to department members.
- Maintains Critical Building Infrastructure to include UPS, Battery Backups, Generators, HVAC. Manages vendors, contractors, and professional consultants which may include architectural, pest control, plumbing, landscaping, HVAC, electrical, fire suppression systems, employee dining facility, document production/mailroom.
- Maintains documentation of Life Safety Systems/Fire Suppression systems..
- Supervises day-to-day property activities to include the contractors, consultants and construction development of Cox real estate ventures.
- Acts as secondary point of contact for in-house and developer representatives regarding construction negotiations and project development.
- May establish key delivery dates and oversees project completion through customer occupancy, providing a turnkey solution to end-users.
- Demonstrates continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide outstanding customer service.
- May facilitate regular project coordination meetings with in-house and developer representatives.
- Responds to emergency calls, may assume lead role in evaluating damages and takes necessary steps to protect customers, employees and property, notifying Leadership per local Escalation Plan.
- Reviews UET work request queue daily. Takes action on tickets as directed and/or needed to meet SLA
- Operates and adjusts Building Management Systems (BMS) for seasonal and local comfort.
- 3 or more years of experience required in related field (i.e. Support Services, Facilities Operations, etc.)
- Requires strong knowledge of MS Office Applications, i.e. Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint; safe use of basic hand and power tools
- Excellent decision-making, organizational, multi-tasking, math, leadership, mentoring, coaching, written, verbal, and collaborative skills to work effectively with teams throughout organization
- Valid local State Drivers’ License with driving record that meets Cox standards
- AS/AA or BS/BA degree in related discipline strongly desired (i.e. Management, Business, etc.).
- 2 or more years of experience in a management role preferred
- Experience in telecommunications industry desired.
- Prefer certification in a related Facility area, i.e. Building Maintenance, HVAC, Electrical, etc.)
- Experience operating commercial chillers, cooling towers, boilers, HVAC, VFD drives and pumps.
- Experience operating automated Building Management Systems to include Central Plant and Lighting.
Who We Are
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. We’re dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Primary Location: 7401 Florida Blvd, Baton Rouge, LA, US
Other Locations: Metairie, LA;
Division: Cox Communications Inc
Job Level: Team Lead/Supervisor
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Shift: Day Job
Requisition Number: 202923
- Facilities Management
2+ to 5 years